Another JK fender trimming ?

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Has any one trimmed there JK fenders leaving about 1/2" to 3/4" lip instead of the normal flat cut. Hope that makes sence.

If so, any pics.

I'm thinking about doing this and mounting a LED side marker light.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Young fire did this, I think it's what you mean.

Attachments

• 1414739829101.jpg
    1414739829101.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 381

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Hey thanks, thats exactly what im looking for :)

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
I like the look too. I think it may cut down on wind flap and gives a nice location to mount a thin LED marker light.

Last edited:

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Any pics of the front angle of Young fire's JK

Flat Top

I left about 1/2" on my trim from the lip. I also trimmed diagonally in front to try and cut down on any flapping, it's worked pretty well.

Flat-TopFenders.jpg

Flat Top

Flat Top, looks great. I like the front angle. Were you able to keep any of the under fender support?

Yes, I kept as much of the under support as possible. I drilled through both the fender and support and used a plastic push connector to secure the fender to the support. It looks good close up and work well.

Fender.jpg

LeighP

That is a really nice job.....looks great!
If I ever get to pick up a cheap set of factory fenders, I'll give that try. :thumb:

StrizzyChris

Backup flares?! It truly isn't rocket science, and I promise that you can do it easily and cleanly.... as long as you take your time. Don't waste your money on unnecessary spares!

HILLZ

Mine are like this so that they still look right with full width bumper and so i could mount a side marker on them
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414922439.917837.jpg

LeighP

Backup flares?! It truly isn't rocket science, and I promise that you can do it easily and cleanly.... as long as you take your time. Don't waste your money on unnecessary spares!

I don't think I could bring myself to chop on the factory colour matched Sahara flares....lol.....

Tree Frog

Not a Sahara, but this is the way I did them on my Rubicon. I wanted to retain the factory side marker and still have enough room to stuff my little 35's
Wife cant hardly get in it now and wont hear of any further lift.

17Jpeg.jpg

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
I ordered some thin LEDs (bushwacker flat fender style) for the front fenders. Will trim the fenders to fit those LEDs. I'm. Thinking it should look pretty good.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom