King Of The Hammers 2015 official thread

GCM 2

It's already closing in on us, KOH 2015 will be here before we know it! I just thought I would get the party started 3 months in advance, by doing a recap of last years event by sharing a link. If you have not had a chance to see the full blown KOH 2014 movie, it's available on iTunes for purchase or rental. If this Motorsports documentary does not excite the off-roader inside you, you need to sell your jeep.....

Hope to see you guys out at the races in February on the lake bed in Johnson Valley

https://itun.es/us/pzrj3

image-1855364172.jpg

image-699014127.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'd love to go. Who knows what work will bring by then? Might be leading the King of the Homers event again. :grayno:

GCM 2

I'm in. When's the pre-run/shock tuning session? Lol

Not sure, maybe you can get something going with Mel. I think he is going to do some prerunning with Dave R. in Dave's brand new "Jimmy's 4x4" tube buggie. I am out of the pre-running game this season. I had to rework my schedule so I can attend KOH in February, I just got back from being overseas yesterday, and I am only at home until Nov 30th and then redeploying until the end of January just so I can co-drive with Mel. KOH is actually as important to me as my work, I try everything in my power to make the race.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Im extremely jealous of you all that can attend an event like this. One day Ill hopefully make it out there. :thumbup:

Loading please wait....

ttfhell

Not sure, maybe you can get something going with Mel. I think he is going to do some prerunning with Dave R. in Dave's brand new "Jimmy's 4x4" tube buggie. I am out of the pre-running game this season. I had to rework my schedule so I can attend KOH in February, I just got back from being overseas yesterday, and I am only at home until Nov 30th and then redeploying until the end of January just so I can co-drive with Mel. KOH is actually as important to me as my work, I try everything in my power to make the race.
You are definitely committed man. Stay safe and I'll see you out there in February.

Recurve

cant wait to see some footage of this! I was puzzled for a second.. Thought, why so late in the year? I keep forgetting how warm it is out that way. Lol we are preparing for snow now :crazyeyes:

GCM 2

cant wait to see some footage of this! I was puzzled for a second.. Thought, why so late in the year? I keep forgetting how warm it is out that way. Lol we are preparing for snow now :crazyeyes:

Well, even though it is the desert southwest, it does get really f'ing cold out there at night. It is not uncommon to have temps easily slide into the mid 20's through the night and then when you combine that with the temps that can get into the mid 60's to low 70's through the day, the 40 degree temperature shift from day to night makes it rough to deal with. There is always a chance of rain, and you can see the snow covered peaks of Big Bear mountain across the valley. Not many people are wearing shorts at KOH....

I'm definitely going to try to make it and help out a well hopefully I'll see all you guys out there

Even if you only come out for the final race day on Friday, it really is a pretty cool to be a part of.

I'm in. I'll bring the PB&J!

Luckily for you KOH is in a new year, which resets my allotted number of yearly PB&J sandwiches. Vegas to Reno had me max out my limit of 5 PB&J's all in one day, and at one pit stop.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well, even though it is the desert southwest, it does get really f'ing cold out there at night. It is not uncommon to have temps easily slide into the mid 20's through the night and then when you combine that with the temps that can get into the mid 60's to low 70's through the day, the 40 degree temperature shift from day to night makes it rough to deal with. There is always a chance of rain, and you can see the snow covered peaks of Big Bear mountain across the valley. Not many people are wearing shorts at KOH....

Even if you only come out for the final race day on Friday, it really is a pretty cool to be a part of.

Luckily for you KOH is in a new year, which resets my allotted number of yearly PB&J sandwiches. Vegas to Reno had me max out my limit of 5 PB&J's all in one day, and at one pit stop.

I should bring a food truck.

StrizzyChris

This!!! I say this every year on the KoH thread, but DO NOT sleep in your Jeep!!! I thought it would be a great idea to do this at my first KoH 4 years ago...well it wasn't! :eek:

MTG

Caught the Bug
This!!! I say this every year on the KoH thread, but DO NOT sleep in your Jeep!!! I thought it would be a great idea to do this at my first KoH 4 years ago...well it wasn't! :eek:

Really? I was thinking about sleeping in the jeep this year. Can't be any colder that the kickoff run a few years ago when it was 9 degrees. :idontknow:

StrizzyChris

It's the wind that gets ya. That combined with the cold that turned my old 07 JKU into an icebox. I actually love to sleep in the cold, but I froze my ass off. A tent would keep that cold under draft from happening and the earth would insulate you a little bit at least.

Top Bottom