Shock extension brackets

2boxers

Don't laugh, I have a 2007 JK 2wheel drive, I know why did you get a 2wheel drive etc. I have a family and its good to have a four door convertible, it was cheap etc. Anyway I had an AEV 2" lift kit installed and Rubicon takeoff springs and shocks anyway he didn't use the shock extensions because he said since I'm not taking it off road it wouldn't need them. Is that true will it be alright without them or is it going to screw something up. Thanks and don't flame me for the 2wd I already know.

Thanks

Don't laugh, I have a 2007 JK 2wheel drive, I know why did you get a 2wheel drive etc. I have a family and its good to have a four door convertible, it was cheap etc. Anyway I had an AEV 2" lift kit installed and Rubicon takeoff springs and shocks anyway he didn't use the shock extensions because he said since I'm not taking it off road it wouldn't need them. Is that true will it be alright without them or is it going to screw something up. Thanks and don't flame me for the 2wd I already know.

Thanks

Welcome to the WAYALIFE. Stop and give us a wave and introduce yourself and jeep.

As for getting flamed for having a 2 WD doubt that will happen. Might get a little ribbing but it will all be in fun.

To be honest you will not need the shock extension because the springs are not much longer than the stock. If anything when flexing your springs may drop out of position.

R/
Will

2wd = good base to work off of :D

Agree with above. You would want them to regain/add suspension travel. DD I would not worry about them.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
If I ever buy a 2nd JK I might try to buy a 2wd. Then swap in Pro Rock axles, atlas transfer case, etc. Might be more money ahead. LOL. Be a project though and take me a few years probably.

Top Bottom