Road Trip Question

hbkid22

So my buddy and I might be heading out to University of Iowa end of the month to see the Iowa/Wisconsin game......Will be coming from Colorado but want to road trip it out. Anyone know of any cool historic places, bars, restaurants, trails, ghost towns, etc...in Iowa/Nebraska? Preferably along I80 but could detour a bit....Trying to convince him to road trip and trying to figure out where to go....

Thanks.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
So my buddy and I might be heading out to University of Iowa end of the month to see the Iowa/Wisconsin game......Will be coming from Colorado but want to road trip it out. Anyone know of any cool historic places, bars, restaurants, trails, ghost towns, etc...in Iowa/Nebraska? Preferably along I80 but could detour a bit....Trying to convince him to road trip and trying to figure out where to go....

Thanks.

There isn't much along 80, but if you have time, go up along 90 - that's where all the good stuff is..black hills, deadwood, rushmore, badlands.....its out of the way but well worth the visit. I hit all of them over Memorial Day weekend this year and it was amazing.

t8er

There's some things along 80. North Platte has the largest rail hub in the US, there's pioneer village further down, Hornady is in Grand Island and in Omaha they've got a great zoo. Kind of all I have.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

There's some things along 80. North Platte has the largest rail hub in the US, there's pioneer village further down, Hornady is in Grand Island and in Omaha they've got a great zoo. Kind of all I have.

Also the archway at Kearney.

hbkid22

There isn't much along 80, but if you have time, go up along 90 - that's where all the good stuff is..black hills, deadwood, rushmore, badlands.....its out of the way but well worth the visit. I hit all of them over Memorial Day weekend this year and it was amazing.

Not sure if we will have the time for that but I definitely agree....Those are awesome and I have been out to those when we went to Sturgis a couple years ago...

hbkid22

Thanks. Pioneer Village sounds interesting.

Top Bottom