2014 SEMA Truck-Lite Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited/NEW Heated LED Headlight

dchew

Caught the Bug
I'm going to upgrade to these, but I agree with Sharkey. You should try them since you already have them. Here in Ohio I have problems in the early winter when the snow is really wet. I live in a spot in Northeast Ohio that gets more snow than Buffalo, but it is wet, lake-effect snow; wetter than Sierra Cement! In Colorado I don't think you will have anywhere near the problem I do here.

Dave

Damn😔. I just received my truck lite's in the mail. I wish I found out the freezing /fogging issue before I ordered them. I must of missed that thread. I called truck lite today and tech support lady didn't know about them, when I mentioned sema show she then said they were still testing. I wonder if I can return these and wait for the heated version. I'd would gladly pay the difference. There still new in the box, or do you think it will be ok if I just install them, I love in Colorado

Halas

I'm going to upgrade to these, but I agree with Sharkey. You should try them since you already have them. Here in Ohio I have problems in the early winter when the snow is really wet. I live in a spot in Northeast Ohio that gets more snow than Buffalo, but it is wet, lake-effect snow; wetter than Sierra Cement! In Colorado I don't think you will have anywhere near the problem I do here.

Dave

I disagree on the amount of snow being greater then in buffalo. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415683129.355472.jpg

I just got TLs this summer and I am waiting to see how they work in the winter before making the change.
The only complaints I have heard from people is when they went to other areas where it was really wet slushy stuff.

Having heated lenses causes a different problem in areas that use salt on the roads in winter, it causes salt to dry on the lens and and in turn creates a film like mud.

Bacon

Not that I could afford them anyway, but I've been waiting for these! Here in Atlantic Canada, we get a lot of snow and freezing rain from November to March. The heat coming off the headlights actually helps keep them clear of snow and ice. Heated LED's are a great idea! Oh yeah, and it's dark now by 5:30 pm every night!

Top Bottom