Radio to Firestick?

UpsideUp

I was just wondering if anybody runs their radio antenna through their CB antenna?
Is this possible or would the interference from the radio ruin the signal to the CB?
Thanks for your help

I was just wondering if anybody runs their radio antenna through their CB antenna?
Is this possible or would the interference from the radio ruin the signal to the CB?
Thanks for your help

Guess I better take this one, lol. Yes, it can be done but it will take adding a splitter box to it to make it work right and it probably won't be easy or cheap to do. My work truck has such a box built into the OEM antenna system which allows the radio, television and CB to use the CB antennas but these boxes are notorious for burning out the diodes in them rendering the whole idea a joke. The reason why a splitter box is necessary is because without it you'll be pushing your transmitted power back into your stereo which will damage it.

David1tontj

Guess I better take this one, lol. Yes, it can be done but it will take adding a splitter box to it to make it work right and it probably won't be easy or cheap to do. My work truck has such a box built into the OEM antenna system which allows the radio, television and CB to use the CB antennas but these boxes are notorious for burning out the diodes in them rendering the whole idea a joke. The reason why a splitter box is necessary is because without it you'll be pushing your transmitted power back into your stereo which will damage it.

So it'll work fine until you try to use your cb? Haha. That would suck to find out the hard way!

UpsideUp

Thanks for the response guys. Was just brain storming and looking for cheap ideas for upgrades. Doesn't sound like this is one of them. As I just got my CB back from a warranty fix of a ruined screen from rain damage, I don't think I'm ready to burn it out just yet!
Thanks again.

David1tontj

Thanks for the response guys. Was just brain storming and looking for cheap ideas for upgrades. Doesn't sound like this is one of them. As I just got my CB back from a warranty fix of a ruined screen from rain damage, I don't think I'm ready to burn it out just yet!
Thanks again.

Jus to be clear- I think ridge is saying that the cb output going into the stereo fries the stereo- not the cb. It's a loss either way.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
The biggest issue as I see it is that the ant on your jeep isn't tunable, so it makes it hard to dial your SWR in just right.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
He's wanting to eliminate the OEM stereo antenna and use the CB antenna for both instead.

Ah, other way around then....well either way, I don't see the benefit of sharing ants....Easy enough to get a rubber stubby for the radio and call it a day. :beer:

Ah, other way around then....well either way, I don't see the benefit of sharing ants....Easy enough to get a rubber stubby for the radio and call it a day. :beer:

That's exactly what I was thinking too. I have a splitter box on my truck and only thing it's used for is my scanner because they go out so easily.

Have a look at this link. http://www.rightchannelradios.com/cb-am-fm-antenna-splitter.html They seem to work ok without any problems if you read the customer reviews.

And you believe customer reviews you find on a site such as this that make their money by SELLING? You mean to say vendors can't and don't change or write their own reviews to sell their products? Want reviews? Ask the guys that have these in their trucks right out of the factory that can't talk more than 20 feet because the thing doesn't work.

David1tontj

And you believe customer reviews you find on a site such as this that make their money by SELLING? You mean to say vendors can't and don't change or write their own reviews to sell their products? Want reviews? Ask the guys that have these in their trucks right out of the factory that can't talk more than 20 feet because the thing doesn't work.

Yeah Lee- but what do you know about cbs? I mean... How often do you even use yours? I use mine A LOT!. Sometimes even more than once a month!

hydrohut

Settle down. I was just putting it out there for the guy who started this thread to have a look at.

Settle down. I was just putting it out there for the guy who started this thread to have a look at.

I totally understand you're just trying to help. At the same time I'm trying to help him see that they aren't the answer. In my line of work I know several CB/Electronics repair shops that see truckers come into their shop all the time complaining that their CB doesn't work or their TV won't pick up any channels. It's because the diodes in the splitter roasted.

Top Bottom