Rubicon Trip in May

MarkW13

Honestly, the Rubicon isn't that bad. There are a few bypasses in the tougher areas and some recent blasting has made it much less difficult. Can you get damage? Sure. Drove right through with no major issues on a yj locked with 35's.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Honestly, the Rubicon isn't that bad. There are a few bypasses in the tougher areas and some recent blasting has made it much less difficult. Can you get damage? Sure. Drove right through with no major issues on a yj locked with 35's.

I would agree and disagree with that statement. Is it possible to walk through it on 35's, yep. Is it possible to have issues on 35's, yep.

I like to say the rubicon trail is a "choose your own adventure" trail. I've taken rigs on 31's with no winch and a rear locker through...but the trail can still jump out and get you even on 37's or bigger if you're not ready.

I would never "overlook" the trail no matter what your rig is set up like.

Last edited:

MarkW13

For the record. I bring an auto parts store with me. Better to be prepared.

Slavens

Caught the Bug
Hey Guys!

So i was reading through your thread sounds like a few chimed in with different trips going but different dates. I am out here in So Cal and have some Vacation time to use so i was thinking i could jump in on one of these runs if allowed. T8er do you have a date set in stone yet? is this still a go? Would love to get more info on this and start planning now. Thanks!

t8er

Hey Guys!

So i was reading through your thread sounds like a few chimed in with different trips going but different dates. I am out here in So Cal and have some Vacation time to use so i was thinking i could jump in on one of these runs if allowed. T8er do you have a date set in stone yet? is this still a go? Would love to get more info on this and start planning now. Thanks!

As of right now there's not a date set in stone since I'm having to look for a job. Once I know which job it'll be easier to nail down a date.

Yuriy

Me and my friend are planning on going to Rubicon trail on May 23. Should be fun. I have never been there before, would be awesome to run with some folks from the forum!

Slavens

Caught the Bug
As of right now there's not a date set in stone since I'm having to look for a job. Once I know which job it'll be easier to nail down a date.

10/4 .. i'll follow along and see what date you set but def interested.

Webe

Me and my friend are planning on going to Rubicon trail on May 23. Should be fun. I have never been there before, would be awesome to run with some folks from the forum!

My wife and I did it close to that time last year. First timers and by ourselves. We had a blast. Not much snow either. I do think end of May and June are the better times as it won't be so hot out. But then we are from Montana and 65 degs is nice.

kyleolson

Let me know if you are looking for someone to run it with you. I usually run it a few times a year... I know the trail pretty well.

Top Bottom