2001 xj...?

15JKUSport

Hey ya'll. Ive been recently watching the XJ market locally, hoping to find a deal. I want a stock Xj that I can build, and one that hasnt been molested. Research has pointed me to find a '97-'00. I am failing to find the difference between a '00 and an '01. Is there something I am missing?

TIA
Cheers

pvanweelden

Last year was 01, and I would avoid it if you want to build it. If you consider anything newer than 99, make yourself familiar with telling the difference between a high pinion versus low pinion front axle and a Dana 35 versus 8.25 rear axle. With a 01, you will for sure have a low pinion 30 and a 35, not worth building those axles. With a 2000 it is hit or miss what axles are in it.
97-99 are the years most wheelers look for.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

15JKUSport

Thats the key things I was looking for, and all I need to know. Thank you very much. I will stick to pre-'00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Ive built a 98 xj and currently building a 99 xj. Like what people say key thing is axles. Both mine have 8.25s rears and thats the main reason I got the years I got. Good luck finding one. I looked for a few months before pulling the trigger on either of mine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Ive got a feeling Im going to be looking for a few months as well. I am specifically looking for something I can build. As long as I dont come accross a TJ cheap, then Im set on an XJ.

But I did find this... What would be involved in getting this back together...
http://modesto.craigslist.org/pts/4759134892.html

Keep looking. Thats way too much for that knowing all the work that needs done. I didnt pay more than 500 each for mine being as one needed a fender replacing and front clip replacing but had the parts with the jeep. The current one I had to spend a few hundred on a starter, front doors, fender and front clip.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

15JKUSport

As I stated earlier, i am keeping my options open. I found a 2003 TJ w/ 120k on the 4.0, for 10,999. X model, assuming with the D30/35 combo. Something I can afford as well. I am still looking for an XJ though. Ive always loved them, and never got a chance to build mine like I did my TJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Havvek

I picked up my (Vergin) 2000 XJ last week, already have a 4.5 in lift, SYE, tires and trimmings on the way, have to wait for taxes for the bumpers, winch and fender flares.... wife has me building on a allowance lol. I got my XJ for 4k tho with 111200 miles, third owner in a beautiful blue. She needs some TLC but nothing out of the ordinary... well except the drivers seen needs welded or replaced but other then that shes in awesome condition.

IMG_0722.jpg

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
99 is the sweet spot if you ask me. I had a 99, it was fantastic. Bought it for 4000, put a lot of miles on it, sold it for 3500. Still pissed I sold it. Stupid. They literally run forever.

Havvek

Got her out of the shop the other day, this is how shes sitting now, 4.5inch Rubi Express lift, 33 BFG AT's, SYE, new brake lines all the way around, Tcase drop kit, putting in a newer drivers seat in the next couple days and have to figure out something to do with the exhaust... it has some rust issues and a bracket broke the other day out of the blue.

IMG_0769.jpg

I think if I sold it the wife would kill me lol, Ill be keeping this until I can afford a JKU I think.

sean112280

Got her out of the shop the other day, this is how shes sitting now, 4.5inch Rubi Express lift, 33 BFG AT's, SYE, new brake lines all the way around, Tcase drop kit, putting in a newer drivers seat in the next couple days and have to figure out something to do with the exhaust... it has some rust issues and a bracket broke the other day out of the blue.

View attachment 113880

I think if I sold it the wife would kill me lol, Ill be keeping this until I can afford a JKU I think.

Looking awesome! Question though: why the tcase drop when u did the SYE?

Patton007

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418111782.168285.jpg got mine for 4,200$ and it has 4.5 inch lift, 32" wrangler goodyears, relocated adjustable rear leafs. There are nice jeeps out there you just have to look good. Got mine off Craigslist. It's. 1990 with 166,000 miles when I got it. Good luck on your search! Post pics when you get it

Top Bottom