New advertisment banners

David1tontj

This is the only one that bothers me.. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416206539.069602.jpg
I'm constantly bumping the ads by accident with my big fingers on my little phone....

Can't wait to explain that one to my wife. :(

I don't mind winding up on all the other sites by accident... I've even ended up on northridge and Evo browsing products all because I bumped it by accident and liked what I saw. Hope the same doesn't happen on this one😳

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Um, it only pulls ads from places that have already been visited by your device or computer. :thinking:

...just kidding. ;)

JKWrang

Yeaaaa... nothing like explaining Ashley Madison to your wife when youre on Wayalife hahahahaha

Jk. Idc about the ads. I have faith you wont let it get obnoxious (take over the whole screen or forced to watch a video to continue).

Keeo doing what you do, eddie

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

pastorwug

Eddie - why not have a premium App that would cost maybe $9.99 per year and it would be Ad free?
I'm sure many, if not all, of us would contribute to help out - it might also keep the Trolls at bay. :thinking:

foley0416

I'd be in for a premium app. Hell, at this rate it would be cheaper then all the Starbucks ads that keeps popping up and now the Porsche ad.lol I don't know many places online anymore that aren't littered with ads. Thanks for the forum and I back whatever you decide Eddie.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As Eddie has mentioned he is doing everything in his power to pay the bills and keep this forum free for all of us which I'm sure many of us prefer. This ad system will produce profits for him and allows us to not have to pay for anything which I'm sure a majority of us prefer.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
As Eddie has mentioned he is doing everything in his power to pay the bills and keep this forum free for all of us which I'm sure many of us prefer. This ad system will produce profits for him and allows us to not have to pay for anything which I'm sure a majority of us prefer.

I was about to post that. I think some did not understand the concept of it.:thumb:

dcbjk

Caught the Bug

X2 agree with ya cozdude very true :thumb:

hbkid22

Ads are not a big deal as I know how it goes and understand the need to offset costs. I appreciate it and I will say as long as the ads dont pop up full screen then I dont care....If they are on a banner that stays at the bottom and cycles through that is fine with me....I just dont like the ones that pop-up middle of the screen when trying to click on something and you hit the ad......Other than that dont bother me.

Thanks for doing what you can to keep it free!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
as you know when things are in the works of changing they always take sometime to get to where they need to be. i ask you all to be patient with the ads that you are currently experiencing and once the new app and them are right where they need to be (in the form of fuctioning properly together) you will not be disapointed.

Disclaimer: i am currently Beta testing the new app on my iphone and i must say the ads DO NOT get in the way at all of my fat fingers. :yup:

JAGS

Hooked
Um, it only pulls ads from places that have already been visited by your device or computer. :thinking:

...just kidding. ;)

Um, not far from the truth. ;)

as you know when things are in the works of changing they always take sometime to get to where they need to be. i ask you all to be patient with the ads that you are currently experiencing and once the new app and them are right where they need to be (in the form of fuctioning properly together) you will not be disapointed.

Disclaimer: i am currently Beta testing the new app on my iphone and i must say the ads DO NOT get in the way at all of my fat fingers. :yup:

Thanks for the updates Coz. I'm sure the app upgrade (like those before) will be awesome. :thumb:

JK LYF

Eddie - why not have a premium App that would cost maybe $9.99 per year and it would be Ad free?
I'm sure many, if not all, of us would contribute to help out - it might also keep the Trolls at bay. :thinking:

I really appreciate this forum and the app! And I like the fact that it's free. So, if Eddie wants to offset costs by placing an add here or there, I'm absolutely fine with that. I get it. He's doing everything he can to keep from charging anyone. And the ads could help make this happen. He absolutely should see profit from the forum he created. I'm sure it's time consuming in all ways.

On the other hand, this is a premiere forum with tons of advice that one can easily get there hands on. It's so accessible, you can usually find a fix to something, on this forum, when your out on the trail! Having said that, I agree with pastorwug on looking into a premium app fee to help offset the costs for you. Many businesses offer a free, entry level app, with an option to upgrade. And the trolls won't pay!

This is a great forum. Appreciate the hard work to make this happen from everyone involved! Do what you gotta do to keep this forum strong!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

stweasel

Not sure why anyone cares unless they have been shopping for Christmas gifts or parts they don't want other people to know about. If your worried about the re-targeted ads clear your cookies and cache. You will still get ads but they wont be based on your interests or where you have visited. You can also opt out of some interest based ads but this also does not stop the ads. Just like the normal sponsor ads for the more you click, the more leads produced for the sponsor = better revenue, better site and more exploration and adventure for Eddie to share. So make sure when your buying from the sponsors to click on the Ads first as it shows their ads are working!!!:twocents:

CharlieK

Eddie,
Thanks for all the hard work. I really do appreciate all the information and knowledge I have gained from this forum. Do what ever it is you have to do to take care of your family and the forum running. If it ever gets to the point, that we need to purchase memberships etc, count me in.

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
I think we all came to the conclusion that the ads don't take away from the forum... Do what YA gotta do Eddie!

Place beer here

Top Bottom