Heater help

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Just make sure that water dripping on the outside isn't the AC condensation drain. It i in the area you are describing. If you look above the trans there is a little hose poking out through cab. If that's where the water is coming from it's just the condensation drain for your AC System.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just make sure that water dripping on the outside isn't the AC condensation drain. It i in the area you are describing. If you look above the trans there is a little hose poking out through cab. If that's where the water is coming from it's just the condensation drain for your AC System.

Good call and spot on :thumb:

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
If that's where it is coming from its normal and should do that. It should only do it your AC is on which includes having defroster running. If defroster is on the AC is running to dry the air even though the light doesn't come on.

That's not the source of your problem.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I'd say do like others stated above. Run engine and feel the rubber heater lines after it warms up. They should be warm or you aren't getting flow to heater core.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

DK'sJK

So I have been reading that it could be casting sand clogging up the heater coil and flushing the system may or may not fix it. My radiator coolant looked a little pinkish.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
In my opinion it's unlikely that casting sand took 6 years to clog the core. That's tpically something that happens early on. If both lines are warm you have hot water flowing through the heater coil. Even if it's blocked some you have got decent flow because otherwise the return line wouldn't get warm. Could still be air in system I guess.

When you say the coolant was pinkish, it should be either all greenish or all pinkish depending on type of coolant. I'd think an 08 would have the newer coolant type but I don't know for sure. If you mixed coolant types that could be a big issue. Some of the coolant types react with each other and turn to sludge. Might be a good idea to flush the system if you think it may have happened. Just my opinion, others may be able to chime in more. If the rig wasn't overheating I'd say it could just be the temp control for your HVAC system but that wouldn't cause the rig to overheat.

DK'sJK

I kind of hijacked the topic but my jeep is a 2011 and I haven't changed the coolant. I figured the coolant would either be green or orange. I might flush my system and see what I get out of it.

DK'sJK

I flushed the system and still no heat. Both hoses are warm. Maybe it is the cable that connects to the temp control on the dash.

hydrohut

I flushed the system and still no heat. Both hoses are warm. Maybe it is the cable that connects to the temp control on the dash.
Yep, sounds like in your case as your not overheating there might just be a problem with the heater controls? Wondering how the original poster got on with his?

Top Bottom