Need some advice from coffee snobs (or anybody that has mastered at-home brewing).

pastorwug

Just picked this bad boy up.
KitchenAid "pour over" coffee brewer.

Takes a while longer compared to a traditional drip machine.
Basically all it does is pours 200* water over the grounds periodically to let the grounds seep and drip into the pot.
Kinda stoked on it. Don't have to stand around pouring water anymore.
View attachment 111822

That is a nice looking machine - KitchenAid is not cheap though.
Let us know how well it does.

jlau76

Hi all,

Huge coffee nut here. I've tried everything from drip to getting my coffee at Starbucks. Finally found the method that I've stuck with for the past 2-3 years. My method of brew is with a stove top coffee maker. I think someone has already posted the Bialetti, which is a great one to get. It's more of a single serving shot, unless you get the 10 cups, which will fill 3/4 of a travel mug. It maybe inconvenient at first, but once you get the hang of it, you'll notice that takes little effort. The taste is great, strong and bold (if you like it like that).

If I am at work, then I would turn to my French Press. I find anything made with a machine has a weird taste to it.

StrizzyChris

Hi all,

Huge coffee nut here. I've tried everything from drip to getting my coffee at Starbucks. Finally found the method that I've stuck with for the past 2-3 years. My method of brew is with a stove top coffee maker. I think someone has already posted the Bialetti, which is a great one to get. It's more of a single serving shot, unless you get the 10 cups, which will fill 3/4 of a travel mug. It maybe inconvenient at first, but once you get the hang of it, you'll notice that takes little effort. The taste is great, strong and bold (if you like it like that).

If I am at work, then I would turn to my French Press. I find anything made with a machine has a weird taste to it.

yup, I posted the exact same in post #47....sounds like you have good taste in coffee! :yup:

(p.s. when he mentioned that it is strong....all you have to do is pour more hot water to dilute it to taste.)

stweasel

Just picked this bad boy up.
KitchenAid "pour over" coffee brewer.

Don't have to stand around pouring water anymore.
View attachment 111822

From the picture it looks like you are pouring water.

I have this breville.. Love it! Use it a ton because I work from home so starbucks isn't convenient.

Its a great machine, unless your clumsy like me and accidentally sloshed water into the bean bin, took me 2 days to get grinder working right.

Need some advice from coffee snobs (or anybody that has mastered at-home brew...

Had dinner with a good friend of ours tonight and he showed us how he makes Turkish Coffee. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1417833812.152750.jpg

It was different. The beans are ground so fine that when heated they infuse into the water and basically dissolve. Had me running around like Beavis for about two hours, lol.

Are you sure it wasn't butt head? It was great meeting you and the Mrs the other day!! Hopefully next time your in Mumbo and we are on a trail!!! Safe travels my friend.

Top Bottom