Ozark Mountains Arkansas

sassmouth

My boys and I attended a Jeep Jamboree event this past weekend. 65 Jeeps were in attendance. We wheeled over some private and public land encountering multiple creek crossings, mud holes, rocks, and steep climbs and descents. It was a blast.
2014-11-14 08.46.59.jpg
2014-11-16 09.16.55.jpg
2014-11-15 07.16.13.jpg
2014-11-16 13.44.55.jpg

matt1171

I was in the area on Saturday and ran into a group of 15 Jeeps from the Jamboree wheeling on public land coming from a waterfall area. Glad you enjoyed our beautiful state!!!

sassmouth

I was in the area on Saturday and ran into a group of 15 Jeeps from the Jamboree wheeling on public land coming from a waterfall area. Glad you enjoyed our beautiful state!!!

I was probably in that group. The waterfall area was beautiful.

matt1171

Then yep. I saw you coming out. I was the Silver JKU leading the group of 4 that you passed on your way out.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
My boys and I attended a Jeep Jamboree event this past weekend. 65 Jeeps were in attendance. We wheeled over some private and public land encountering multiple creek crossings, mud holes, rocks, and steep climbs and descents. It was a blast.
View attachment 111209

So cool...I remember Superlift and that area well. Such great wheeling and scenery down there that you would never imagine when you think of Arkansas.

woozy

Would you say the jeep jamborees are worth the price? I live in Shreveport and was thinking about registering for a Arkansas jeep jamboree for next year.

sassmouth

For me its worth it. I come down with a couple of boys so having breakfast, lunch, and dinner taken care of for the two days of wheeling that we do its great. There are two types of jamborees, select and classic. The select ones only provide dinner. So I usually go classic.

Also some of the locations allow wheeling on privately owned land, such as indian tribal land, that is only available to the public during the event.

The events allow me to get better familiar with the area as well without having to do a lot of setup and research beforehand.

We will be attending the jamboree that is happening in St Francisville, LA next spring. Looking forward to checking out New Orleans as well.

Charles

I was one of the trail guides for this event and for the first one for the area thought it was a great time. If any of you come this way or plan a trip if you would just let me know. Would love to tag along. Had a great time meeting so many new faces and doing what we all like to do. Great pics!!

sassmouth

this waterfall was also neat (off of the same route to Mountain Creek Falls that Matt1171 mentioned)

falls 1.jpg

as was this one, "Glory Hole Falls", located about 15 miles NE from Oark, AR.

glory 1.jpg

glory 2.jpg

el_chupo_

Is this a public jeep trail? Would love to visit this. I will actually be pretty close to there around Christmas too, may have to bail on family stuff for a little bit...

sassmouth

I believe Mountain Creek Falls is a public offroad trail. The Glory Hole is only viewable from a trail hike.

Top Bottom