TRANSFORMATION of the RUBICON : Before & After Photos 5 Years in the Making

bubblegoose1

Re: Transformation of the Rubicon : Before & After Photos 5 Years in the Making

Rubicon should be on everyone's bucket list, transformed our not. It is JEEP. :cool:

UndeadJeeper

The Rubicon Trail has been and always will be one of the most beautiful trails that we've ever run. It is the reason why we love it as much as we do. The fact that you get to wheel it has always just been icing on the cake. While I don't like or agree with what's being done, the people responsible for it do believe they are doing what is necessary to keep it open for everyone to enjoy. I should note that even though the main route has been made easier, the trail as a whole is still a challenge for most Jeeps and there are still a few tought optional obstacles that you can still take on... for now anyway. Of course, mother nature has a way of rearranging things too.

I have to agree. I've never been on the Rubicon trail, but I've seen enough pictures that the sights you can see from on this trail are one of the reasons I bought my Jeep. In fact, some of the videos of the WAYALIFE Rubicon rides were among the things that inspired me to take the plunge, ditch my BMW, and get the Jeep. To me, regardless of how difficult the trail is, the simple idea that I can take a Jeep to get to such a beautiful place with such beautiful views will keep that trail on my bucket list forever.

Dalton gang

Wow, nice thread man! Im kinda bummed out ill never get a chance to take on the original trail, but im sure ill still have a blast.

GraniteCrystal

Lame! Just read this thread for the first time. Makes the whole idea of each new Rubicon model having to make it through the trail a lil less cool.

WJCO

Meme King
Lame! Just read this thread for the first time. Makes the whole idea of each new Rubicon model having to make it through the trail a lil less cool.

It does kinda suck. Have you done Middle St Vrain ? Every year, people pull the entrance rocks to make it easier and every year local 4x4 clubs re-build it. Same concept, if you can't make it past the entrance, you shouldn't be on the trail.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

It does kinda suck. Have you done Middle St Vrain ? Every year, people pull the entrance rocks to make it easier and every year local 4x4 clubs re-build it. Same concept, if you can't make it past the entrance, you shouldn't be on the trail.

You guys are kidding yourself if you think this is an easy trail because of the changes.

OJK12

I don't think jeep has used the actual rubicon trail for a while now. I think they built their own version of it at their testing grounds that's built to resemble it that they use for the trail rated jeeps.

Ginz

So true, even with the changes, the weather changes the trail every year. The snow erodes new challenges throughout the trail.

I would say that's the whole point. Seeing how far you can get, not necessarily always being able to get anywhere. I'm a new jeep owner, and only been wheeling once as a passenger. But I know how you guys feel. Its like if tomorrow they decided to straighten out the tail of the dragon, every biker's dream ride. Hopefully sometime in my life I can wheel the rubicon and ride the dragon.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I don't think it's gotten any easier over the last two years. It'll be interesting to see what it looks like this year.

Think the Subie will make it through? :crazy eyes:

Funny to see that it was one of my posts that apparently killed the thread until today.

Desert Crawler

While I don't agree making things easier for less adventurous, the bottom line is there will always be yearly work done on the Rubicon mainly to ensure accessibility. My club is involved in some of the work coming up this month. While it does cost quite a bit of money getting supplies to where they're needed (at times by helicopter), most of the trail work is all done by volunteers. If you can stay up to date with the work being done by checking out the Rubicon Trail Foundation or Friends of the Rubicon websites.

aTX427

I find it interesting that they were concerned with the tree at Tree Squeeze being damaged, so they cut it down. Still want to run the trail though.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! Been a while since I've seen this thread.

There's still fun to be had on the Rubicon but it's a far cry from being what it once was. I get that people are doing what they need to "keep it open" but I'm not real fond of the way a lot of them start to act like they own the trail. This goes for a lot of the trails that are "adopted" by clubs.

Top Bottom