2014 Death Valley Thanksgiving Weekend Adventure 11/28-11/30

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
main.php

I know this is kind of a last minute deal but, for those of you who have the time off and are looking for something to do, Cindy and I will be heading out to Death Valley Thanksgiving weekend (28th-30th) and would love to have you join us. As of now, the plan is to meet up in Ridgecrest on Friday morning and head back for home on Sunday. There are no minimum requirements for this trip and we will be staying in hotels for the two nights. Being a holiday weekend, rooms will be limited so please let me know if you'd like to join us as soon as possible and I will point you to where you need to make reservations.

The Plan
We will be meeting up in Walmart parking lot in Ridgecrest, CA on Friday, November 28th. Being that we don't have a lot of daylight to work with, we need to get an early start so please be there, gassed up and ready to roll by 8:30 AM.

If you're meeting up with us on Saturday, please be in Shoshone, CA and ready to roll by 9:30 AM. Trust me, you won't be able to miss us there.

What You Will Need
Service are limited all weekend so please be sure to pack plenty of snacks, meals and plenty of water for everyone in your Jeep and for the duration of the trip. Ideally, I'm hoping to have dinner at our destination on Friday night but don't plan on it. If something can go wrong on the trail, it typically does and it's better to be safe than sorry. Saturday morning, we should be able to get breakfast but, there won't be anything available again until dinner Saturday night. Food should be available there all night long but again, please come prepared with something just in case. Breakfast on Sunday should be no problem but there won't be anything available for lunch so again, please pack accordingly. It needs to be noted that there are NO grocery stores beyond Ridgecrest, just gas stops and whatever they have. Be sure to bring cash as credit cards and your ability to use them can sometimes be a hit and miss kind of thing.

There are no trash receptacle on this trip so please be prepared to pack out what you pack in. Also, for the most part, there are no restrooms on this trip or at least, very few. Please pack a small shovel and be prepared to burry your deposits.

Who's Going
1. Cindy & Eddie
2. Chris & Jen
3. RockyJK
4. Tony & Stephanie (Friday only)
5. Et (Friday only)
6. JAGS (Friday night - Sunday)
7. Joshua
8. Trail JK
9. simo
10. Wystdad (Friday/maybe Saturday)
11. AlStew
12. Brendon

Maybe List
1. Smokinjoe
2. JohnnyX
3. rubicrawl (Saturday only)
4. sean.m.adams33
5. miramontes
6. RBCON (Saturday only)

More information will be posted as they become available but, if you have any questions, please post them up here.

JeepFan

Hooked
Put me and GemHunter down for Friday please... :cool: We've been stuck in the desert far too long...Oh wait...:crazyeyes: :doh:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Put me and GemHunter down for Friday please... :cool: We've been stuck in the desert far too long...Oh wait...:crazyeyes: :doh:

Awesome!! Looking forward to seeing the two of you again even if it's just for a day. :thumb:

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Eddie, I'm in for Friday. Haven't been out since the emigrant trail, geez:doh: looking forward to seeing everyone:thumb:

JAGS

Hooked
Hey Eddie,

The wife and I will be coming. Rooms booked. Wife has to work Friday, so we will be meeting up with you Friday night just in time for post dinner drinks. Then explore some trails Sat/Sun! We'll be bringing the kids along too. :yup:

Eddie, I'm in for Friday. Haven't been out since the emigrant trail, geez:doh: looking forward to seeing everyone:thumb:

What's up with the Friday only? Stay for the rest of the trip. If not maybe we'll have time to grab a drink before you head off. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Awesome! I'll get you added to the list now. It really has been too long. :yup:

Hey Eddie,

The wife and I will be coming. Rooms booked. Wife has to work Friday, so we will be meeting up with you Friday night just in time for post dinner drinks. Then explore some trails Sat/Sun! We'll be bringing the kids along too. :yup:

Right on, I'll get you added to the list now :thumb:

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Aw man! This would have been a great way to celebrate turning 30! I just don't think I can swing this trip and another in a couple of weeks. :thinkingcap:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Aw man! This would have been a great way to celebrate turning 30! I just don't think I can swing this trip and another in a couple of weeks. :thinkingcap:

Thanks for making me feel old my friend! LOL

Seriously, sorry that you can't make it. Happy early birthday to you.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Thanks for making me feel old my friend! LOL

Seriously, sorry that you can't make it. Happy early birthday to you.

Haha sorry bud! I think I'm going to get booted from the JKX Laughlin thing. I can check with you tomorrow if I do and see if I can't make reservations and attend this nice get away! Thank you for the early happy birthday wishes!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Haha sorry bud! I think I'm going to get booted from the JKX Laughlin thing. I can check with you tomorrow if I do and see if I can't make reservations and attend this nice get away! Thank you for the early happy birthday wishes!

What? I didn't know you even made the minimum requirements for the JKX. :crazyeyes:

Well, if you can make it out, please let me know and I'll send you hotel info.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

What? I didn't know you even made the minimum requirements for the JKX. :crazyeyes:

Well, if you can make it out, please let me know and I'll send you hotel info.

I didn't either :crazyeyes: I asked in my firsts messages but got a confirmation instead of an answer. I sent another to try and clarify. You'll know as soon as I do!

Top Bottom