Wave from Arkansas

ciphershort

Hello everyone, finally signed up for an account here. Bought my 2009 JKUx a couple of years ago and caught the fever right away. Last year I bit the bullet and bought the TF 2.5 coil lift with shocks and installed it all myself. This was my first experience with doing anything to a vehicle but it was an awesome learning experience. This year I've been saving for new wheels, tires, and a re-gear. Looking at going down to 16-inch wheels since wheels and tires are so much cheaper. Probably going with the 16x8 ProComp 7089s and either 35-inch Goodyear Duratracs or the new BFG AT KO2s when the time comes. I currently have 3.73 gears and know I'll need a re-gear but am torn between the 4.88 and 5.13 gears. I have the D30 up front so I know there's a huge debate over pinion size, highway RPMs, and other things with the 5.13s so I'm torn... My JK us my DD and I won't be doing any hard-core wheeling as there's not much in Northeast Arkansas. Mainly mud and trials. Can't wait to get off my 32-inch tires tho!

Future Definite Mods Include:
JCR Offroad Crusader Mid Width Front Bumper
JCR Offroad Crusader Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier
Rigid Industries Lights all around
Quadratec Winch
...and I'm sure more will come...

:drinks:

matt1171

Welcome from another Arkansan. I have a 2008 JKU on 35s. Re-geared to 4.88s and have been very happy. 5.13 would be too much. I cruise at 75 on the interstate at just under 2500 RPMs and it does great!!!

Welcome to the Wayalife.

I would look more into the tires and sizes again. A 16 inch wheel will give more side wall so you will want a tire that has a thicker side wall if you are going to play on the rocks. Again that is just my opinion. Check the for sale thread I believe there are a set of 16's for sale.

R/
Will

OIIIIIIIO

Wave from WV.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416570140.800712.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416570140.800712.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

ciphershort

Hey guys sorry for just now seeing all of this! Thanks for the warm welcome! Honestly I kinda thought I'd get emails when people replied to this thread but I guess not. Still learning this forum I guess. Here's the only pic I seem to be able to find. This was right after I installed the lift.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1417749703.193296.jpg

Glad to hear the 4.88s are good with 35s. I've read so much debate it's hard to know what's best. Just don't want to spend all that cash on a regear and regret the choice! I'm really liking this forum!

Top Bottom