Gas Mileage

Ranger4011

I know there are a bunch of threads on gas but I have a 2009 2dr Sport with 35s, 3.5" lift with 3.21 gears and was getting 15mpg. Lately it has been declining pretty rapidly and this last trip was all highway miles and I was getting 11.5mpg. I was driving around 70 and RPMs were around 2100-2500 depending if I was in 5th or 6th.

Questions.

Does tire pressure make a big difference on mpg? Running 30 right now but had it up at 35 at one point.

Will gears help out much?

I also have an issue when filling up gas. At times I can only pull the handle 1/4 otherwise the nozzle will turn off as if gas is full. Could there be an issue with vacuum/pressure in the tank causing issue with mpg? Might be a stretch but curious.

If I was worried about has mileage would have bought a pris

hbkid22

If I was worried about has mileage would have bought a pris

Ha....That is true but the drop in mileage was pretty drastic. I am not worried if the mpg is low just making sure nothing was wrong to see a huge decrease because even when I went back up to 34 psi the mileage was still at 10-11mpg when before it was 14-15...

hbkid22

I'm running 35" duratrac at 30 psi, with 4" lift with 4.88 gears on my 2010 2dr 6spd. I procaled my tire size I can get 17-18 doing real world driving at 45-55 on back roads here in Maine turning 2300-2500rpm that is an increase of 2mpg from my worn discover stt

Yeah the gears are the biggest thing for me right now....I am still running 3.21's with 35" tires...

Top Bottom