2015 Hard Rock on it's way need help with lift option

Which lift will give me the best ride on the road

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jackal01

I'm guessing the EVO drag link flip kit is a no brainer!! But what does the $600 dollar EVO spec 2.5 reservoir w/ front relocation upgrade main purpose?

I believe you are talking about the King 2.5 shocks which are $1642 not $600. You can use any shock, with the correct length, with the enforcer. The kings with that lift kit were tuned specifically for the JK by ORE. But if those break the budget then you can go with a cheaper shock...most go with Ranchos or Bilsteins if they don't go with Kings.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I thought you only need to drag link flip with the 4in enforcer ?

You don't "need" it with either, but it sure improves steering geometry, bump steer, and probably costs less than an adjustable track bar.

What olram30 said. A draglink flip/front track bar relocation kit is designed to correct your steering geometry after installing a 3" lift or more. While it isn't "needed", installing it will help improve handling.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
What olram30 said. A draglink flip/front track bar relocation kit is designed to correct your steering geometry after installing a 3" lift or more. While it isn't "needed", installing it will help improve handling.

I always hear the complaints that the needed 3" bump stop kills up travel, but I don't see how a person can go less than 3" . I had to trim some metal and tires are as close as they can get to the fenders.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I always hear the complaints that the needed 3" bump stop kills up travel, but I don't see how a person can go less than 3" . I had to trim some metal and tires are as close as they can get to the fenders.

Even if you didn't have to do any trimming, the primary purpose of bump stop extensions is to prevent the over compression of your coils. It just cracks me up when I hear about guy who complain about their coils sagging unevenly or overall loss of lift and when you ask them about their bump stop extensions, they say "I don't have any" or have ones that are too short.

Pistolpete2

not to hijack but my JKURX will be heavy I have a poison spider front bumper with a winch and a poison spider rear bumper with tire carrier I read that if you don't sit at 3in with a flip kit you will have problems with clearance that's why I was thinking about going with the Rockcrawler 2.5 X factor any opinions or experiences with a similar set up like mine? I don't mind spending the 299 for the drag link flip but if I get the evo 3 inch and after time it settles down to 2.5 inches well I have problems?

JayKay

Caught the Bug
not to hijack but my JKURX will be heavy I have a poison spider front bumper with a winch and a poison spider rear bumper with tire carrier I read that if you don't sit at 3in with a flip kit you will have problems with clearance that's why I was thinking about going with the Rockcrawler 2.5 X factor any opinions or experiences with a similar set up like mine? I don't mind spending the 299 for the drag link flip but if I get the evo 3 inch and after time it settles down to 2.5 inches well I have problems?

There is a chance your axle and steering wheel may become off-center. Although, I wouldn't think you'd have much issue with the plush rides sagging.

thechrisjones

I believe you are talking about the King 2.5 shocks which are $1642 not $600. You can use any shock, with the correct length, with the enforcer. The kings with that lift kit were tuned specifically for the JK by ORE. But if those break the budget then you can go with a cheaper shock...most go with Ranchos or Bilsteins if they don't go with Kings.

It won't break the budget but it's a lot of jack for shocks. If it's what I need to do to get the best ride i'll do it; however if I get Ranchos or Bilsteins for half the price and not notice a difference I would rather do that!!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

I have a heavy jeep with 3" plush rides, drag link flip and 37" tires. No complaints.

Wardell

I just spoke to the dealer ship and he told me Mopar just came out with a new lift litterally 2 weeks ago that is 4 inches allows 35's. He claims it's top notch and replaces front drive shaft. It comes with fox shocks and its all covered under warrantee. The price of the life is $1,500... Does any one know about this "Brand New Lift"??

I noticed nobody answered this question in your original post. It's a TeraFlex lift kit bundled with Fox shocks. Even though it's sold through Mopar (which allows the dealer to "warranty" it), they don't actually make anything in the kit. They announced this a while back (the 2014 Easter Safari I think), so I'm surprised it's only arrived at your dealer now.

I wouldn't let yourself get taken in by the dealer on this... there are way better lift kits out there that the others have named off already. Also (and please correct me if I'm wrong), an after market lift kit shouldn't affect your existing warranty, unless the dealer can prove that your lift (or other after market parts you installed) was the cause of any damage to a warrantied part.

thechrisjones

Ok so after looking at a lot of pictures of JK unlimited I think I changing up my build. I'm sold on the EVO lift with plush. Instead of going with 35's I'm gonna bump it up to 37's. I'm get mixed "facts" on what additional upgrades you need to do when going to 37's... My JKU Hard rock is a manual and will have 4:10 gears (or 4:11) can remember. It looks like I need to upgrade to 5:13 gears. What else is necessary to build this the right way? New drive shafts etc..... This will be my everyday driver with an occasional trip to a park for level 1 and 2 trails. Not going to be a rock crawler.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ok so after looking at a lot of pictures of JK unlimited I think I changing up my build. I'm sold on the EVO lift with plush. Instead of going with 35's I'm gonna bump it up to 37's. I'm get mixed "facts" on what additional upgrades you need to do when going to 37's... My JKU Hard rock is a manual and will have 4:10 gears (or 4:11) can remember. It looks like I need to upgrade to 5:13 gears. What else is necessary to build this the right way? New drive shafts etc..... This will be my everyday driver with an occasional trip to a park for level 1 and 2 trails. Not going to be a rock crawler.

the evo enforcer lift is pretty complete. if you dont go with the kings you can save a few buck by getting a set of Rancho 9000's or the bilstein 5100's. you will need a new front drive shaft (1350 since you will run 37's) but the stock rear will be fine. other than that your good suspension/driveline wise.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, the EVO Enforcer kit and the addition of the EVO drag link flip/front track bar relocation kit will have all that you need suspension wise. You will need to get a new front drive shaft but your rear will be fine being that you have an Unlimited. 5.13 gears are definitely what I would recommend with 37's.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I would also recommend the EVO Mfg. Enforcer. I run the 4" kit paired with the Rancho 9000xl shocks and the drag link flip kit. I have the 4" lift because I run 37's but would suggest their 3" kit for 35's.

When all was said and done my lift cost just shy of 2 grand.

Just to qualify it, I've driven in and ridden in several JK's with several suspensions including Teraflex, rough country, AEV, Rock Krawler and Currie. Just my humble opinion, the EVO Mfg. Enforcer was the best, softest, better than stock ride (of the standard coil/shock lifts).

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1417553803.350436.jpg

thechrisjones

I would also recommend the EVO Mfg. Enforcer. I run the 4" kit paired with the Rancho 9000xl shocks and the drag link flip kit. I have the 4" lift because I run 37's but would suggest their 3" kit for 35's.

When all was said and done my lift cost just shy of 2 grand.

Just to qualify it, I've driven in and ridden in several JK's with several suspensions including Teraflex, rough country, AEV, Rock Krawler and Currie. Just my humble opinion, the EVO Mfg. Enforcer was the best, softest, better than stock ride (of the standard coil/shock lifts).

View attachment 113122

Looks good Frank!

Thank you all for your input!

Top Bottom