Opinions on LED Headlights

hasten3

I am wanting to change my headlights to LED. I really like the "look" of JW Speakers but I don't know if that really justifies the price over Truck-Lites. Your thoughts and experiences on LED Headlights would be appreciated.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Speaker lights are a bit brighter and harder to look at when you're in the vehicle heading toward them. They put out good light but, in my opinion, not so much more than the new Truck-Lites that it'd justify their premium cost. But, that's just my opinion.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
No experience with jw, I have truck lites on mine and waiting to get the heated ones for my wife's jeep.

Yeep

I have the trucklites in my jeep and am impressed with how much light they put out...

I have a jw speaker light on my harley and really like the way it looks, but don't know if it's actually that much brighter... I'm pretty sure it's not "double the price" brighter to me...
(They still look cool in a jeep though)

spicoli

The Northridge guys told me that the truck lights and JWs are basically the same from a drivers view. The prior JW 8700 evo brights were not as good as the trucklites brights but you don't ever really use the brights (from Northridge guys). The new 8700evo 2's are supposed to have a much better output/pattern with brights.

sean.m.adams33

The JW's definitely look cool but for double the money as truck lites not cool enough. Truck lites are still my favorite upgrade.

shortyokc

Im waiting for some of the new to wear off the prices hopefully when they become oem standard/option but when they do I will definitely get the trucklites. I have heard nothing but good things about them from forums and local jeepers

jeeeep

Hooked
I have the Truck-lites and they put out a nice light, only thing that I dislike is the "X" pattern they create. it's distracting to me and even more so when I'm tired and driving at night.

For whatever reason Jeep decided not in put in left to right adjustment screws in the 2010's (not sure about other models or all USA models) but I did make some spacers just to see if I could get the X pattern gone. It worked for a little while but the wedges fell out wheeling so I will order the actual adjustment screws and install them.

I spent some time in Colorado last winter and had to stop often to clean the slush build up off so hoping the heated version work well as I will upgrade to those when available or switch to a non-LED

hasten3

Thanks for the info guys, I will probably go with the Truck-Lites with the anti-flicker connection.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I love the light output of my truck lite headlights and they are leaps and bounds better than my factory lights. However the X pattern in them drives me crazy. I've thought about trying a different light maybe the KC but am having a hard time justifying the cost.

Top Bottom