PSC steering assist install, need assist

I have an 08 JKU and it had a DELPHI box on it. PSC recommended to send my old box in and buy the kit where they rebuild my original box. So I did. I also bought the dual coolers, one for the tranny and the other for the PS. I made some good progress last night and today on my install.

Here is my question, on the diagram supplied, it shows to hook up the line from the box to the pump on the port (on the box) to the passengers side of the box. And the line that goes back to the tank ( I spliced in the cooler to this line over off the old tank line and into the bottom of the new cooler and back off the top of the new cooler back to the new tank) on the drivers side of the box. See diagram
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416691609.849733.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416691627.330014.jpg
However, the fittings would not fit those ports. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416691668.981170.jpg
I hooked it up as the ports would allow, not according to the diagram. Does that sound right? Can anyone with this setup verify it for me? I would call PSC but it's Sat. Thanks

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
I'm confused by your question, are you saying the pressure line from the back of the pump to the steering box does not fit?

Sorry.... Too much detail. I had to swap the pressure port and tank connections on the box from what it shows how to hook it up in the second photo.

jeeeep

Hooked
Sorry.... Too much detail. I had to swap the pressure port and tank connections on the box from what it shows how to hook it up in the second photo.

it's raining pretty hard here and my Jeep won't fit in the garage lol... I'll take photos of my connections tomorrow, sounds like we have the same setup.

If you are in the SLC area, Hose & Rubber on 3450 S. 300W has hose and fittings.

I used them when I was there and ran into issues with my setup that required me taking it apart to find out the installer (Texas) had damaged fittings during the install, PSC couldn't get fittings to me on the weekend so luckily I found Hose & Rubber.

you want to make sure it's hooked up as indicated, I'll take photos of where the splice is for the cooler - another issue PSC showed me how to correct...

Thanks Jeeeep. If the connections on the box need to be made according to the diagram, I may just run new lines to the pump and to the cooler. Doesn't make scents to have a bunch of connections(possibilities to fail).

Last edited:
So can anyone tell me, the port closest to the firewall on the box, does your go the the steering pump or to the reservoir tank? Did the stock line screw right in or did you have to use an adapter?

SFNick

So can anyone tell me, the port closest to the firewall on the box, does your go the the steering pump or to the reservoir tank? Did the stock line screw right in or did you have to use an adapter?

Its the return line to the res & I used the factory fitting.

SaddleTramp

Steve, let me know if you have any questions I may help with.

Get ready to bleed, bleed, .... over and over but well worth the effort once you get it all done.

Jeeeep, thanks for the posts. This is exactly what I was talking about. The lines are crossed from where the diagram says to put them. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416786686.860575.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416786698.852467.jpg
In your photo, the line on the box on the drivers side goes to the pump. But in the diagram the line on the passengers side goes to the pump.

Scott, does yours do that too?

jeeeep

Hooked
Oh, I see what you're talking about, that's the port design difference between the PSC steering box and the JK OEM box.

Like I mentioned I was having issues with mine after the install so I took it to PSC to inspect, they contacted the shop that did the work and what I have pictured is how PSC indicted it should be installed using the stock steering box.

Thanks everyone for the help. I just called PSC to double check, and they confirmed their diagram is wrong. Stock fittings will only fit into the box one way. Time to prime!

Top Bottom