Chevy Colorado ZR2 Concept vehicle

Krieger

Aside from the new Renegade, there were so many cool vehicles at the LA Auto Show, and so many concepts. One of my favorites was the Chevy Colorado ZR2 concept vehicle. A new player in the off road truck industry? Looked pretty neat to me.

Here are some bullet points
33” Tires
King coilover shocks with reservoirs
Locking front and rear differentials
Tucked up front & rear bumpers
Bead lock wheels
4” wider stance than standard Colorado’s
Bed mounted spare and tire jack
2.8L 4 cylinder Duramax Diesel
6 Speed automatic transmission
181 horsepower
369 ft lbs of torque @ 2000 rpm

Chevy Colorado ZR2_1.jpg Chevy Colorado ZR2_2.jpg Chevy Colorado ZR2_3.jpg Chevy Colorado ZR2_4.jpg Chevy Colorado ZR2_5.jpg Chevy Colorado ZR2_6.jpg Chevy Colorado ZR2_7.jpg

GCM 2

Pretty cool, I especially like the front end and hood lines. I think the US market could actually support this as Toyota is about the only one left making a small size pickup now :thinking: I really only follow the full-size truck market trends.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks for posting this up! I was hoping someone would. Really sick looking truck and I'm excited to see what it will do! Possibly better than a raptor? Only time will tell I guess

Bacon

I frickin love this thing. The stance, the hood, the baby Duramax. Too cool. I doubt the rock rails, winch, lockers, and 4" extra width would make it to production though.

David1tontj

Sweet truck! Now I just have to wait another 10+ years until they are in my budget. :(

Not to mention actually making It to production.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
This potential 2nd gen Colorado appears to be an upgrade in every category. Hopefully the engines offered this time around are up to the task.:yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was really hoping to make it down to the show but got caught up with work. Thanks for posting these great shots up Krieger, this truck was definitely one of the ones I wanted to see.

Krieger

I was really hoping to make it down to the show but got caught up with work. Thanks for posting these great shots up Krieger, this truck was definitely one of the ones I wanted to see.

Not a problem, it was my pleasure. This years show was a big deal, with 60 new release cars, and some truly awesome concepts. And to be truthful I wasn't let down.

Remlap

I'll always have a place in my heart for these trucks... Bought a ZR2 brand new back in 98' - If I remember right, back then they had a 3" factory lift, 31" tires and the Chevy half ton axles with rear locker.

Within a year or two I had destroyed the passenger side trying to get around a tree (a girlfriend left me because I refused to fix it ha-ha).
Submerged it over the hood in a flooded street (it stalled out and went completely dead, miraculously coming back to life a few minutes later).
Torn off the bottom of the front bumper.
Defied Physics by pulling a front tow hook completely straight while yanking out tree stumps at a buddies cabin.
And my wife's favorite (girlfriend at the time, a keeper) - had to get out of the truck one time on a trail to pick up a skid plate.

Put 180,000 miles on that truck and the only thing ever replaced was an Oxygen sensor and 4 Universal Joints.

Love the look of this new one, great pictures!

Top Bottom