...but that body roll tho

Hi All,

I've finally gotten some miles on my JK after having the new suspension put on. The Rancho front sway bar links were replaced with Currie sway bar links. I'm noticing quite a bit more sway on the road than before.

Could the Currie links be less strong causing a bit more roll?

I have Rubicon with a functioning e-disconnect.

Thoughts?

jeeeep

Hooked
Hi All,

I've finally gotten some miles on my JK after having the new suspension put on. The Rancho front sway bar links were replaced with Currie sway bar links. I'm noticing quite a bit more sway on the road than before.

Could the Currie links be less strong causing a bit more roll?

I have Rubicon with a functioning e-disconnect.

Thoughts?

have you checked to make sure the sway bar is locked? possible it's not locked in place, check the position of the sway bar - it should be almost parallel to the frame; check that your sway bar links haven't come loose from the either end, I've seen the nuts work loose and fall off allowing the link to just hang.

dannymalkin

Check to make sure the sway bar is locked and the links are the correct size; should be around parallel to the frame. That is a good starting point anyway

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, how long are your new links? They should allow your sway bar arms to sit at about level to just slightly above it... maybe 5° up.

Yes the sway bar is locked.

I actually don't know the lengths of the links. EVO installed them when they installed the lift.

To answer the other questions. I am running 35" tires with 4" EVO plush spring & Double D long arm.

I'm thinking that probably the bushings where the sway bar mounts to the frame are worn.

Top Bottom