Thoughts on a WJ.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I've owned one, and I replaced it with a WK. The V8 is ok, but honestly both suck for wheeling so if you want something that is just a decent larger 4x4 - get the WK. The hemi WK was nice and fast but still got good gas mileage (with VVT). Our WK was a $50,000 car in 2006, but I bet you could pick up a great condition used one for way cheaper these days with all the bells and whistles.

Hmmm, Ill be honest I wasnt interested in the WK because of the ifs. But thinking about it as I read your post makes me wonder how hard a SAS is. I mean i know that the first thing I would do to the WJ is replace the axles. What axle comes in the rear of the WK?

Tanner505

I had a 2001 Laredo and I loved it fully loaded and I was a great jeep had the 4.7 and had decent power my biggest compliant was it needed the front and rear diffs rebuilt, but other than that it was a easy jeep to work on and I regret trading it in

CJBrian

Looking forward to getting myself a wj after KOH. I will be looking for only a 03 or 04 4.7. Hopefully a Laredo.

dillard09

My grandfather - in - law has a WJ. He has 4" lift and 32" with limited slips front and rear. I have drove it on the trail a few time. It was a very capable trail rig and comfortable on and off the road. The only complaints he has is that his is the 4.0.

Tanner505

When you get a wj shoot for one with the 4.7 Ho motor, has like 30 more hp, more aggressive cams and a forged crank and different intake manifold

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
When you get a wj shoot for one with the 4.7 Ho motor, has like 30 more hp, more aggressive cams and a forged crank and different intake manifold

I knew about the H.O. 4.0 but I did not know that, thanks! Ill add this to my list of things to look for.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Giving this ol' thread a bump to see if any newer members had anything else to add.

Im also looking forward to WJCOs thread revival meme.

Sigma05

5067ABAD-C4A9-47C4-B76E-E24F92238195.jpg

My 99 WJ was by far my favorite off-road vehicle I've ever owned. The engine and transmission are second to none. Mine has over 350,000 of which 180,000 it did towing a 3 ton trailer with my TJ on it all over. I strongly suggest a long arm setup if you plan to go over 2-2.5".

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
5067ABAD-C4A9-47C4-B76E-E24F92238195.jpg

My 99 WJ was by far my favorite off-road vehicle I've ever owned. The engine and transmission are second to none. Mine has over 350,000 of which 180,000 it did towing a 3 ton trailer with my TJ on it all over. I strongly suggest a long arm setup if you plan to go over 2-2.5".

Nice, I like the flat dune color. Are those numbers in kilometers or miles?

Sigma05

Miles. Trucks are in Europe but I'm from NC. Mother was Italian so I lived there for some time. Kept them for when I have to go back for work.

Top Bottom