disappointed in my synergy track bar

shortyokc

bought my track bar on sept 29, installed on the 4th and loved the adjust ability without removing and how stout it is. today i drove to the store and every time i stop or accelerate i hear a slight clunk. i get home being the paranoid ocd person i pull out the torque wrench and verify the torque on every bolt in my front suspension, steering, and wheels. i don't find anything loose so looking for wear marks or indications of movement and find nothing. the jeep totally drives fine, no vibration, no pull, or steering issues. i vigorously shake everything i can and un-weight the axle and find my track bar is clunking on the axle end. i verify my torque again and all the hardware is tight but i can feel some minor play and the noise is definitely coming from the rod end. anyone have a similar experience? im thinking about replacing the rod end with a track bar rubber end if i can find the size and matching thread pitch, not even 9000 miles on the jeep and maybe 1000 on the track bar, i guess ill contact synergy and see how they address this issue since it is listed as non warranty as a normal wear part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgrzoswiRSQ&list=UUltXQ-eQHhFZr1VLgMJ7pLg video of wearing end link
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fkb-jmxl12t direct rod end replacment

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's a bummer. Heims do go bad just like anything. Of course, I personally prefer running factory track bars and still do even on my big JK running 40" tires and a ProRock 60. They're cheap, strong and work great even with my 14" of vertical travel. If you still have your laying around, you might want to just reinstall it. Just a thought.

shortyokc

i still have the factory bar laying around, im going to try to find a rubber replacment end first if i can find one since i spent about $180 on the p.o.s.. i contacted synergy to see if they know of one, the only one i found is for a teraflex replacment and is the wrong size

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
i still have the factory bar laying around, im going to try to find a rubber replacment end first if i can find one since i spent about $180 on the p.o.s.. i contacted synergy to see if they know of one, the only one i found is for a teraflex replacment and is the wrong size

Are you looking for a clevite bushing on a shank that you can thread in? If so, you'll be hard pressed to find one that small.

shortyokc

Pretty much yes but need a 3/4 - 16 lh thread. Everything I found so far was 7/8. I'll try to look some more but got torn away to go shopping at the mall with the wife for holiday shopping

Synergy uses a cheap $15 heim at the axle. When mine goes I'll be putting a better joint in there. What's funny ... If you go to the site. The heim that's mentioned for replacement is the better $50 joint.

TheDuff

Didn't olram have this issue? Synergy says they use FK ends but instead use cheap ones to cut costs?

That wouldn't surprise me. The Rubicon express track bar uses a crappy plastic injected thing, possibly the same one as synergy.
I suggest trying a fk rod end or going back to stock and selling the synergy bar at a little bit of a loss.

Edit: if you feel like a adjustable track bar is a must, the JKS bar is actually really good

shortyokc

im waiting to see what synergy says but if this is true ill definitely try the fk rod end first since i have had no luck finding a rubber clevit rod end

shortyokc

Talked to synergy and they are sending me a warranty replacement rod end. I'm curious to see if they are the same part/manufacturer. They suggested using a Teflon based spray lube.

Lol .. What he's saying is the design of the joint. If you look at this joint .. The darker areas are a injection molded self Lubing Teflon.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416912874.433115.jpg

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Here's my clunky pos sitting in my garage. Went back to the factory track bar.

Attachments

• 1416917916946.jpg
    1416917916946.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 149

shortyokc

I might get the new joint and sell the track bar. Anyone want to buy a track bar? I'll probably buy the jks which sucks because my top picks were the jks and the synergy and bought the synergy for the ease of adjustment. Lesson learned😕

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I might get the new joint and sell the track bar. Anyone want to buy a track bar? I'll probably buy the jks which sucks because my top picks were the jks and the synergy and bought the synergy for the ease of adjustment. Lesson learned

i see your running 4" plush rides. have you thought of just going back to the factory track bar like wayalife mentioned and doing the drag link flip? this will help recenter your axle and help bring your steering geometry back closer to stock

Top Bottom