ABS and Traction Control Lights On

Redmow

Went Jeeping in some serious mud and dirt trails all day yesterday. Near the end of the day both my ABS and Traction Control lights were on and was also getting a dragging like feel on the right side of Jeep when in 4 wheel drive hi or lo. Putting Jeep into neutral and back into 4 wheel would stop the dragging feel. But, lights are still on.

Just went to car wash this morning and made sure to get all mud off the bottom of the Jeep especially the axles and wheels/brakes. Didn't notice the dragging anymore but lights still on. Anyone seen this before? Probably just mud in a bad spot?

TheDuff

Went Jeeping in some serious mud and dirt trails all day yesterday. Near the end of the day both my ABS and Traction Control lights were on and was also getting a dragging like feel on the right side of Jeep when in 4 wheel drive hi or lo. Putting Jeep into neutral and back into 4 wheel would stop the dragging feel. But, lights are still on.

Just went to car wash this morning and made sure to get all mud off the bottom of the Jeep especially the axles and wheels/brakes. Didn't notice the dragging anymore but lights still on. Anyone seen this before? Probably just mud in a bad spot?

I'm sure you will get a better response soon, but I would check out your wheel speed sensors, especially the side you feel the drag on.

Redmow

Didn't think of that. Thanks. It did the dragging again a few minutes ago in normal drive. Only when starting out...rest of ride no more dragging. It is happening on the front passenger side tire area. Visually inspected and all looks fine. Gotta be some mud in a spot that I can't see. Raining today, so I am not taking the tire off today.
Thanks again.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It'll be hard to see but, sounds like you might have mud caked in on your tone ring. That, or as mentioned, your speed sensor is now bad. The dragging you're feeling is your brakes being applied to that caliper. You can disconnect your one speed sensor and that will help with the dragging but your dash will be lit up.

mikefishes

It'll be hard to see but, sounds like you might have mud caked in on your tone ring. That, or as mentioned, your speed sensor is now bad. The dragging you're feeling is your brakes being applied to that caliper. You can disconnect your one speed sensor and that will help with the dragging but your dash will be lit up.

Eddie, Is there any way to tell WHICH speed sensor might be bad?

hbkid22

So I was going to ask a similar question. I am driving back from Iowa and an hour ago this came on but no dragging feeling. I know my speedo is off as I haven't recent with a superchips yet but could that be why mine is on? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416779691.078090.jpg

Last edited:

Redmow

Thanks Eddie and everyone!

That has to be the problem. It started after a particularly nasty mud hole in which I became stuck. Worked my way out without a winch. Funny how the tame looking mud holes will grab tight...while the mean looking ones let you pass without a hickup.

Top Bottom