Best long arm lift

noroad

Its not the best but it has held up pretty well so far for me, I have the Rubicon express 4 link long arm and it does pretty good for what i use it for. I think that there frame joints could be better, will swap to currie joints when the time comes easy swap but shouldn't be needed.

TheDuff

Its not the best but it has held up pretty well so far for me, I have the Rubicon express 4 link long arm and it does pretty good for what i use it for. I think that there frame joints could be better, will swap to currie joints when the time comes easy swap but shouldn't be needed.

No offense to you sir, but here is a picture of Rubicon express quality. It looked as though the bung had only been tacked to the tube. I witnessed this break right in front of me. So, with that, I can only say I put RR into the same category as TF, where they join hands with RC and sing the shitastic version of kumbaya and I wouldn't waste my money on them.

Attachments

• 1416800757272.jpg
    1416800757272.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 263

kgw350

What about RK? I'm considering their 3" stretch long arms for my 2dr and using TF 4" springs.

I'm running the RK 3 link rear with a 3" stretch. The stretch is awsome what ever kit you decide push the rear axle back it's big difference when climbing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I'm running the RK 3 link rear with a 3" stretch. The stretch is awsome what ever kit you decide push the rear axle back it's big difference when climbing.the,

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hey KGW,

You have any new pics of your rig? Would love to see!

GR8WHITE

What about RK? I'm considering their 3" stretch long arms for my 2dr and using TF 4" springs.
I'm running a RK long arm on my jkur and I like it. Its very beefy and i would buy it again but the frame side bushings suck... (Didn't even have 2,000 miles in the lift yet.) ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416833456.980994.jpg I cant really complain because they sent me a new bushing very quickly. They say it might be a exhaust problem (I have a custom exhaust from a shop that deleted the loop), so i raped it and i cant tell if it solved the problem yet. I am considering cutting off all of the frame side ends and welding on some Johnny joints ends if the rap doesn't fix it. If i were to do it again on another jeep i would seriously look at the evo set up because of the johnny joints at both ends right from the manufacturer.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Is there more then 1 long arm kit offered by Evo?

yes as pignajeep just mentioned there is the Double D long arm which uses factory brackets and there is a High clearance long arm which has new brackets for the axle end. i believe the latter is an inhouse only application

Last edited:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Is there more then 1 long arm kit offered by Evo?

Two kits

High clearance for DTD coilovers
Double d bolt on (or weld on) for coils and shocks or the bolt on coilovers.

Both use the same control arms and front frame brackets. So you can upgrade to the high clearance if you change to the DTD

Two kits

High clearance for DTD coilovers
Double d bolt on (or weld on) for coils and shocks or the bolt on coilovers.

Both use the same control arms and front frame brackets. So you can upgrade to the high clearance if you change to the DTD

I was planing on using the king shocks that are tuned for the Evo lift itself. Do you think would this would be good as my daily driver and freeway driving. I also offroad every weekend but not too hard

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How much is the Evo bolt on kit going to cost me for instal?

Depends on your installer. The hardest/longest part of any long arm kit install is cutting off all your frame brackets, cleaning all the welds off and drilling new holes.

Not to throw a money wrench into the discussion but, I see in your avatar that you're already running flat fenders - any reason why you need to go with 4" of lift or more as the TF long arm kit would have given you? You do know that you can easily run 37's with just 3" of lift and would offer a BETTER low center of gravity ride, right? And, unlike the TJ before which had really short arms, the JK factory control arms are actually quite long and will be more than enough to keep your ride nice at 3". Being that cost seems to be something of a concern to you, I might recommend that you look into a GOOD short arm kit like the EVO Enforcer kit. Coupled with their King Shocks, I think you will find your ride to be outstanding and your off road capabilities great. If you can afford a bit more, I would recommend their bolt on coil over kit as you would have even better performance off-road than any standard coil kit. And, so that it isn't missed, long arms will NOT give you more flex on the trail. All they do is correct your suspension geometry.

RBCON

They've changed the design several times but, as you can see in these screen shots, the metal bracket just tore off. Oh, and before anyone tries to suggest that we're looking at an old video, this happened earlier this year at Winter at the Rocks. In other words, it's their most current setup. Try as I would, I simply can't make this stuff up.

But hey, if you still want to put your faith in TeraFlex, it's your Jeep and your money. :yup:

Looked up the video hoping to see what caused the break and noticed that it was actually from early 2013, not 2014, so it is possible that they have a new design.

I am saving my cash for the Double ThrowDown and while I am saving I will continue to tell my wife how great it is in hopes that she will sign off on it. I don't need it but I sure do want it.

wotr.JPG

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looked up the video hoping to see what caused the break and noticed that it was actually from early 2013, not 2014, so it is possible that they have a new design.

View attachment 111993

Thanks for the clarification - I stand corrected. Still doesn't change the fact that they've had to make several revisions to help mitigate breaks since releasing their kit AND, that this happened on THEIR OWN JK that THEY installed the kit on. Not exactly a vote of confidence but then, that's just me. :crazyeyes:

I am saving my cash for the Double ThrowDown and while I am saving I will continue to tell my wife how great it is in hopes that she will sign off on it. I don't need it but I sure do want it.

Sooooo, is your wife buy it? What you keep telling her that is? :D

My problem with the enforcer is it doesn't replace all the control arms which is the reason I'm getting this lift. Correct me if I'm wrong

RBCON

Thanks for the clarification - I stand corrected. Still doesn't change the fact that they've had to make several revisions to help mitigate breaks since releasing their kit AND, that this happened on THEIR OWN JK that THEY installed the kit on. Not exactly a vote of confidence but then, that's just me. :crazyeyes:

Sooooo, is your wife buy it? What you keep telling her that is? :D

LOL we both bring home the paychecks and she knows the password for the checking account so I can't sneak in $7,600 for a suspension. I already sent her a screen shot of my EVO shopping cart that was around $13k and she emailed me a shopping cart with long tube headers and a super charger for her Camaro and mentioned needing a dyno tune. I put the long tube headers on this weekend...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
My problem with the enforcer is it doesn't replace all the control arms which is the reason I'm getting this lift. Correct me if I'm wrong

the enforcer provides everything you need in the kit and doesnt try to sell you stuff you dont need. this is why it only comes with front lower arms. evo now offers rear upper arms as well which you can get to fix your pinion angle. for the front uppers and rear lowers i would just put the stock arms back on and your set.

Top Bottom