2dr with 18/59 Rubicon Springs and Shocks

thardy

Banned
Alright, so I've done some searching around and haven't really been able to find a very clear answer to what I'm looking for. So I am currently running 18/59 springs with the red shocks from a JKUR on my 2dr. I netted what I believe to be about 1.5" lift out of making the swap from the 15/55 setup I had originally. My questions are in regards as to whether or not I should be running bump stop extensions, shock extenders, or anything of the like. I plan on getting Evo Brake line extension brackets, just for piece of mind, but was curious about the others. Also, if I'm good now, what if I add 3/4" spacers all the way around? Just wanting to make sure I don't end up messing up a shock or coil with my current setup. All advice is appreciated.

RockyJk

Bumpstops are a good idea I had this setup on my old 2 door and it would compress the spring bad under full flex (I didn't have extended bumpstops) you could run spacers on top of the springs I had a 2 inch spacer in te front of mine just have to get the appropriate shock when you do put the spacer

thardy

Banned
I was thinking bump stops might be a good investment as well. Since I am still at work and still have the sway bar disconnected, figured I'd pull it up on the ramp and see what I was working with when it comes to the bump stops.

Passenger front up the ramp.
FRONT:
1.jpg
2.jpg
REAR:
3.jpg

Driver rear up the ramp.
FRONT:
4.jpg
REAR:
5.jpg

And Exterior pics, just cause.
6.jpg
7.jpg

It's obvious that the front compresses well before the rear, is this common? The front looks pretty compressed with the bump stop touching when the rear was up the ramp, but I don't have enough knowledge to know if it is over-compressed or not. Anything you guys can tell from the pics?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Your coils are actually ok with the loft you have and there is no need for extended bump stops yet. If you do add the spacer then I would look at a 1" extension to keep the coils from over compressing and going solid

thardy

Banned
Your coils are actually ok with the loft you have and there is no need for extended bump stops yet. If you do add the spacer then I would look at a 1" extension to keep the coils from over compressing and going solid

That's what I was wanting to hear. Thank you Coz!

Top Bottom