From the Experts: Why the 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler MAY come with a Fixed Roof

JamesWyatt

http://news.allpar.com/index.php/2015/08/jl-wrangler-relief-for-traditional-jeepers-29801

Descriptions here ^

If I'm reading this right, the grill and windshield are LESS RAKED. Holy fucking hell. Half doors stay. Folding windshield stays and gets a functional update.

[Edit] to say the obvious: if the half doors and folding windshield stay, it's still a "convertible" or has some sort of modular top. Also since there was no mention of tire size, it might be assumed they're staying with 32"s (hoped they'd bump stock size up to 33"-35").

[Edit#2] And if as according to the descriptions that it's based heavily on the JK and is not going toward curved and raked styling, then the high gas mileage is most likely due to a diesel and not my previous fears of a small vehicle with a small 4-banger.

Last edited:

Wee Nut

I hope that if there's a fixed roof, then it will have rain gutters along the full length of the roof to attach accessories.

A good, solid, low profile roof rack can take much of the punishment, almost acting like a "roof slider." I guess we'll eventually know!

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
I hope that if there's a fixed roof, then it will have rain gutters along the full length of the roof to attach accessories.

A good, solid, low profile roof rack can take much of the punishment, almost acting like a "roof slider." I guess we'll eventually know!

if the folding windshield is kept I doubt there would be a fixed roof. Unless its an option thing.

Top Bottom