2dr vs 4dr

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I talked my wife into a 4dr when we got out 13', but all she said was I want a 2dr, so I bought her one.... Now she admits that she likes the 4dr better :crazyeyes:

As Overlander said, I wish there was something in the middle with about a 110-112" WB. (I know the LJs were 102 but I still think this is a tad short.)

I'll be honesty I don't care about the wheelbase as much as the cargo space. I can't stand not being able to fit an action packer behind the rear seat. Putting them on the seat in the back just bothers me.

1037CHASE

I just got my first Wrangler and, had a choice between a 2 or 4 door. I picked the 2 door. I have always loved the looks of the 2 door better than the 4 door version anyway.

Space is not an issue for me since, we do not have any kids (just two small dogs). We also tow the Jeep behind a 38 foot RV and, have more than enough packing space in there.

My husband wanted me to get the JKU but he liked the price better on my JK :D

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I have a CJ I love, but everything else I own is a 4 door including both JK's I have had. I traded an 09 for a 13 but stayed four door. It is only the wife and I now, but I love the extra space for moving, exploring, shopping you name it. Even just for throwing a couple of sacks of groceries in the back seat. If you have or will have a family, then go four door.

On the trade, i kinda took it in the shorts, i think. I think that had a lot to do with the new engine. I kept all of my mods except for the lift (even kept my tires, swapped for the new ones). I wasn't getting anything for the any of the mods on the trade. That was Albuquerque and Tucson though and dealers I called in Texas. I actually got almost the same offer from carmax, $19.5k vs $19k at carmax. The new one cost me about another $20k for new. The 09 had about 75k miles though.

It is a lot of factors to consider on making the jump. If you go used, the older JKU's seemed to have gone down in price compared to when I bought my 09 used.

Good luck.

Siebermd

2 Jeeps

I really like both 2 and 4 doors. I went ahead and bought one of each (used). I figure, heck with it, you only live once so you might as well make the best of every minute your here!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I vote 2dr! It is by far the manliest of the two. Don't get a four. Save some bucks and get a Trasharoo and a hitch tray. Storage problem solved! Now you have all that extra mod money to spend that I saved you. My work here is done.

hudginsja

I had a TJ and the rear seat was rarely in it because my wife couldn't (or wouldn't) even go grocery shopping it in. 4 door is much nicer if it's gonna be a daily driver. My wife insisted on 4 door so when we have kids she can put a car seat in it!

TJ2JK

I've owned a '93 2-Dr YJ then moved to the '03 TJ when Jeep introduced the Rubicon model. After years of having to put the cooler on the back seat for my Moab trips, I finally sold it and moved to an '08 JKUR and the extra space is great. Cooler, spare parts, etc. all behind the rear seat and friends could sit in the back seat now. Additionally, I found many of the trail obstacles easier to run (ledges) with the longer wheelbase. You won't regret a 4-Door....IMO.

4x4

Didn't see this mentioned.. 2 door only has a 18.5 gallon tank. 4 door has 22.5 gallons. 4 extra gallons is quite a bit as a starting point.

To me, the 4 door just seems to be the more serious vehicle. Like they built it as the primary and the 2 door jk is the after thought. Obviously they are both great off-road and have there strengths and weaknesses, but the 2 door seems to be like a runabout RV tow vehicle, the unlimited is the real one. Fine for a runabout and for maybe people who can't afford the unlimited. Just what it seems like to me

jeepguy2014

Didn't see this mentioned.. 2 door only has a 18.5 gallon tank. 4 door has 22.5 gallons. 4 extra gallons is quite a bit as a starting point.

To me, the 4 door just seems to be the more serious vehicle. Like they built it as the primary and the 2 door jk is the after thought. Obviously they are both great off-road and have there strengths and weaknesses, but the 2 door seems to be like a runabout RV tow vehicle, the unlimited is the real one. Fine for a runabout and for maybe people who can't afford the unlimited. Just what it seems like to me

There's maybe two guys in 2 doors that offroad with my group and myself being one of them. Most of the trails we run here are tight turns and twisty where the 2 door are great. Plus the break over angle is better as well. Other than that the 4 door out shines the 2 door in almost every aspect.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Two door gets better gas mileage. It's kind of a wash.

Chaddilac

I'm in for another 4 door vote.

The Jeep I have now is my second 4 door, and I've moved furniture in it. I've taken the roof off and tied down couches. After my first one, my father (an old CJ-7 guy) went out and bought a 4 door.

Good luck with your decision. Truth be told you can not go wrong either way. Keep us posted.

Omar Brannstrom

Howdy

Singel, had a 2 door 2012, now a 4 door 2013

I really like that you can stuff and hide rather much things under the rear backseat in the 4 door and You even have more space under the front seats than a 2 door. Easier to place the front panels. The 4 door have bad turning circle.

On the 4 door front seat bracket You already have a hole for one bracket to hold a MAG light or similar without drilling anything, in the 2 door it has a plastic thing You have to drill.

155088507.jpg

You can sleep in the 4 door

155162087.jpg

Me and my buddy looking at video in the back

152596013.jpg

I really like my Front interior rack, hides stuff under, You can more easely pack stuff up to the roof. Put stuff on the shelf to make space if You are sleeping under it on the floor.

155855307.jpg

Better for birdphotography as we offen have the bird on the same side of the road, two can shoot more easely at the same time.

158166185.jpg

Armydog

I voted once already but let's pretend that this is Florida and let me vote again......

2 door all the way. TJ over JK EVERYDAY

If I want to move something I'll use my truck. If I want to go shopping, shoot me I must be sick.

Sessoms14X

I traded in my 2 door for my 4 door. I don't regret it but I really miss it. Went with the 4 door for room and family reasons. If I could have kept my 2 door I definitely would have.

Top Bottom