Lift advice

RedDawg01

Hi all. I just joined the Wayalife family and gave a wave on the wave thread.

I will be modifying my 2014 JKU Rubicon starting in Jan or Feb. I'm in the planning stages and will be starting to buy parts. With my initial mods I'd like to get a Rock Krawler 2.5" lift and fit 37s with flat fenders. I'd like to keep a low COG and fit good size tires. RK states on their website that you can fit 37s with flat fenders. I'm curious if there is any cutting required with that arrangement . Also, does anyone have any other recommendations or thoughts on lift manufacturers? I am also considering Rubicon Express or Teraflex. Im sure I will have many other questions. Thanks in advance!

Look at the Evo enforcer lift. proven parts and a great ride. It comes in 3" or 4" you can run 37's on the 3" with a fender chop. A lot of people here will tell you to save money and just cut your factory flares.

Shadow's_Jeep

Caught the Bug
Yes you need to cut your fenders. It the best way to go, lots of members do that with 37" tires. Best part cutting your fenders is it's a free mod.

Last edited:

RedDawg01

Ok I'll check out Evo. I know they make a lot of good stuff but never looked at their suspension components. Thanks for the advice!

Hooz

I have the RK 2.5" lift on my JKU, with the light factory bumpers and no winch (yet), it's more like a 3.5" of actual lift. You could easily get 37s under there with flat fenders. I didn't have to do it for my 35s, but you might (might) have to do some pinch seam cutting or bending in the back for 37s.

gburkett

2014 pinch seams are trimmed stock. You won't need to do that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rccrwlr

Enforcer seems to be the 3" lift of choice if you can afford it. Plush coils nice ride etc.

I am looking at the rancho 3" trail system and the 9000 shocks. A bit less money and people like Eddie say the coils and ride are decent.

As always ride quality is subjective and you should really read through to see what others think of the different manufacturers prior to buying. There are quite a bit of opinions out there.

Panda

I'll give evo my vote, I've driven and installed a few different lifts, rancho is a great lift IMO also but evo coil flex is amazing ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1417200438.765378.jpg

RedDawg01

I did some research last night on the enforcer kit and it definitely has got me interested. I am not sure if I should just go with a 3" and 35s for now. With 3" of lift will there be enough clearance for 37s when I start to add bumpers and winch and other stuff? Or do cut/flat fenders provide adequate clearance for this?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I did some research last night on the enforcer kit and it definitely has got me interested. I am not sure if I should just go with a 3" and 35s for now. With 3" of lift will there be enough clearance for 37s when I start to add bumpers and winch and other stuff? Or do cut/flat fenders provide adequate clearance for this?

Olram30 is running the 3" with cut fenders and 37s. They might "fit" but you wont be able to flex without ripping off a fender.

TheDuff

Are you asking if just cut fenders will clear 37s or cut fenders in addition to 3" lift? You'll be fine with the lift and cut fenders and 3" is plenty so long as you don't plan to load up with 4 people, a bunch of gear, and try to speed across the desert.

RedDawg01

Olram30 is running the 3" with cut fenders and 37s. They might "fit" but you wont be able to flex without ripping off a fender.

And that's exactly what I don't want. I will pass on 37s to save my fenders. I want functionality more than anything.

RedDawg01

Are you asking if just cut fenders will clear 37s or cut fenders in addition to 3" lift? You'll be fine with the lift and cut fenders and 3" is plenty so long as you don't plan to load up with 4 people, a bunch of gear, and try to speed across the desert.

I meant with 3". But for reasons such as loading up with gear is probably why I'd go with 35s.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
And that's exactly what I don't want. I will pass on 37s to save my fenders. I want functionality more than anything.

Lol You have the same feelings on fenders as I do. This is WOLer Youngfire's rig 1417207421597.jpg if you ever want to setup up in size you can cut them so they still look "full".

gleno99

I have the 3" enforcer with 37's and cut fenders. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1417211698.247211.jpg

noroad

So these tires hit the fenders when flexing?

This is only on a 1.75 coil spacer with 2dr Rubicon springsand 35s, It flexes ok but not a ton, we just set it up like this because we were waiting on are coilover to come in(which just arrived).
Before fender cut flex
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1406207670.500173.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405028787.431427.jpg
After fender cut flex
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411310628.806169.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411310611.534198.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411310581.890153.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411310550.032540.jpg

Top Bottom