Upgrading to the next level RDE2ROK

RDE2ROK

How did you do your in cab controls for your front suck down winch...two separate in/out toggles, or a single 3 position rocker switch?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm just using the switch that came with the winch. A two way rocker in and out. If I can remember I will take a pic of how it's mounted.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I got them mounted but I need to stretch the front out a couple inches.
Im having problems uploading pics! It keeps saying EROR!:doh: so go to my IG, there are pics there.

I know you haven't been on in a while so make sure you download the updated version of the app, then you can upload pics

Brute

Hooked
I'm just using the switch that came with the winch. A two way rocker in and out. If I can remember I will take a pic of how it's mounted.

Mahalo...getting ready to install a front suck down winch, and would like to see your in cab control...

RDE2ROK

Mahalo...how do you know that you've winched out enough without spooling excess winch line out?...I saw that you put in a Warn 3500 with synthetic line...I'm assuming 5-6 wraps minimum on the spool..and a couple more wraps?

Yes I had to remove a lot of line or it would bind up. So I use about 6 wraps, you don't need much to tighten and pull tight, a little at a time. And you learn to know how much to let back off. Don't tie a knot in the synthetic line or it will break! Learn to weave it. Factor55 just came out with an awesome tool to weave a loop in the line. Good luck and you will love the winch.:beer:

Brute

Hooked
Yes I had to remove a lot of line or it would bind up. So I use about 6 wraps, you don't need much to tighten and pull tight, a little at a time. And you learn to know how much to let back off. Don't tie a knot in the synthetic line or it will break! Learn to weave it. Factor55 just came out with an awesome tool to weave a loop in the line. Good luck and you will love the winch.:beer:

Thanks for the info...mahalo

RDE2ROK

I just got it back yesterday. No time to try it out, getting everything packed and loaded the Jeep on the trailer. As soon as I get home on Thursday we jump in the RV and head to KOH! I guess that will be my shake down run. IMG_4009.jpg IMG_4006.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom