Overkill to the max

Speeddmn

OK.... I've never ridden/drove anything up like this, but I could only imagine it would ride like total crap..

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Hey- it gets expensive to buy that many lug nuts.

I'm more concerned about the transfer case hanging so far down, and from what I can tell, a complete lack of drive shafts.

That big shiny thing in the middle is a driveshaft. No control arms. It has leafs.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
That big shiny thing in the middle is a driveshaft. No control arms. It has leafs.

You sure? It looks too high to hit the rear yoke. It also looks like there is a frame bracket on the other end. What are the two empty yokes on the TC? :thinking:

Almost looks like what we used to call a ladder bar. It was used to keep high power motors from twisting the leaf springs.

Last edited:

David1tontj

You sure? It looks too high to hit the rear yoke. It also looks like there is a frame bracket on the other end. What are the two empty yokes on the TC? :thinking:

Almost looks like what we used to call a ladder bar. It was used to keep high power motors from twisting the leaf springs.

Yeah- I thought it was a track bar (aka ladder bar) because it looked like it was mounted to the frame. But I'm just looking at it on my tiny phone.

Also looked to me like two empty yokes.

Again- hard to tell on my phone.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Could be. I would guess it has 2.5 ton axles which have the yokes on top of the axle as opposed to the middle of the diff like the JK. And not sure what's going on with that t case. I can't see that being the location of it. A lot of these trucks are hack jobs but good hack jobs. Lol

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
It's a swamper and mudder for sure. I mean, really, what else could it be used for? Dune running maybe? It better be packin' lots of punch under the hood.:thinking:

HILLZ

think you are right Sharkey, they are control arms to help stop the V8 Donk under the hood from twisting the rear end off, plus the transfer case hanging down with 2 empty yokes is a bit of a give away. :cheesy:

Top Bottom