Cordless Impact Gun?

deadguy

Can't beat dewalt. I use them at work (construction) and beat the hell out of them and they take the punishment.

SilverBack

Anybody have the Dewalt 20 volt max 1/2 inch impact? I have the 5 piece Dewalt set and have thought about adding to it instead of getting the Milwaukee stuff. Just because I already have this stuff and it works great for what it is. Just curious how the impact works. If also like to add the cordless 4 1/2/ inch grinder.

I have the 1/2" impact and love it. I've rotated my tires 6 or 7 times without a recharge on the small battery. Also broke some seized bolts on the wife's exhaust with it. Nicely made and strong'

Big Bad Wolf

As a mechanic I switched over to cordless.

Milwaukee m18 Fuel - 1/2" , 1/4" and grinder.

Dewalt 20v max - 3/8 inch, work light and drill.

They are very tough. If you have giant hands I would go with Dewalt for everything, but my hands are kinda big. I say this because the selector switch gets nudged sometimes on the Milwaukee's and it gets slightly annoying. The 1/4 hex gun is worse than the 1/2 in this respect, unsure about their 3/8. Screenshot_2016-08-19-13-21-44.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
buying the Milwaukee was one of the best investments I've made.

I was using a craftsman but I always had to manually break the lugs because the Craftsman would die after the 2nd wheel. Even with manually breaking the lugs loose, the battery would die before getting all the tires off and back on.

Since getting the Milwaukee I haven't had to manually break a lug loose and I've already had all 5 wheels off and on 7 times on the same battery charge and battery still reads to the full side- this impact wrench is fantastic!

nice deal you got with the 3rd battery :thumb:

Exodus 4x4

I've had MANY regular HF sockets and wrenches break, but impacts have help up great! Go China!

x2... I always buy the impact sockets when buying HF. To be honest I haven't broken any of their wrenches, yet. I pack them and tekton for trail tools because if I spent any more money than that they would get left on the trail.

scull20

One thing to note, the Tekton impacts have an option that comes with a case. The HF ones are just on a plastic "tree" hanging from the rack. I prefer having the case, especially for ease in packing and unpacking.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
One thing to note, the Tekton impacts have an option that comes with a case. The HF ones are just on a plastic "tree" hanging from the rack. I prefer having the case, especially for ease in packing and unpacking.

True, of course, it looks like the case makes it an extra $15

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I really need some impact sockets myself. I'm going to take a look st the tektons and the hf ones now. Thanks all!

Lil Nasty

Harbor freight impact sockets have not let me down yet. I like the cloth zipper bags to store them in for like $6. The combo wrenches and sockets are iffy at best. The Pittsburg Pro combo wrenches they sell are really good as for as strength but sizing can be spotty. You can tell the strenght difference just by picking them up and judging their weight.

JeepDrum

Harbor freight impact sockets have not let me down yet. I like the cloth zipper bags to store them in for like $6. The combo wrenches and sockets are iffy at best. The Pittsburg Pro combo wrenches they sell are really good as for as strength but sizing can be spotty. You can tell the strenght difference just by picking them up and judging their weight.
I have HF impact sockets too with no complaints. Do they sell the bags you're talking about at Harbor Freight?

Top Bottom