Cordless Impact Gun?

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
I bought a 18v dewalt before i installed my lift as my drill and sawzall are 18v dewalt. I like it. I just wish it cane with a hard plastic case like the old ones. Its 300ft lbs. did everything i needed it to. Was a life saver on the pinion nut for my new driveshafts. If i had to do it again, i may reconsider to the new 20v more powerful tools.

Then again mine was only 120 for tool battery and charger

SaddleTramp

Sorry for the late notice but Zoro is offering a 20% off store wide sale through midnight, code is "labordaysale" . Just ordered the Milwaukee cordless impact set I've been wanting.

www.zoro.com

Sure am. Although I haven't had the occasion to really put it through its paces yet. I've mostly just used it for little things here and there.

Cool. well when you do, let me know how it works out on the jeep. Im looking at a cordless impact for garage and trail. Not mechanic enough to justify a 600 tool. But i dont want to waste my money either.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Cool. well when you do, let me know how it works out on the jeep. Im looking at a cordless impact for garage and trail. Not mechanic enough to justify a 600 tool. But i dont want to waste my money either.

I have zero experience with that brand but a lot of people have them and seem to have zero issues.

I have a 3/8 and a 1/2 inch cordless snap on and love them.

I am looking at purchasing the m18s though as they have more cordless tools available.

shin0bi1

I am using the Ingersoll and Rand 1/2" cordless w7150-k2 impact driver and recommend this beast for under $500. I bought the kit with the charger and two batteries from Amazon. This thing is awesome because u can bring it with you on the trails for quick repairs. I spun off axle nuts, pitman arm castle nut, etc with minimum effort. I recommend getting the red boot to protect your driver as well.

toxicwaste29

I have my impact and drill combo from dewalt in 20v that I use for smaller bolts and screws and such. I have my big boy toy; a 20v xrp dewalt impact 1/2". It puts out 1,300 ft lbs break and 1,000 ft lbs working.

naysjp

Caught the Bug
What's up guys-

So the deeper I get into customizing my JK, I'm realizing two things pretty quickly being a beginner and first time jeep owner:

1. It costs a lot of money so buying the right things the first time is a must

and

2. I don't have squat in terms of automotive tools as this is my first car I've bought, not to mention I also don't have a garage or lots of storage living in the city.

So I started to research tools and wanted professional grade quality and performance for the average joe who is mechanically inclined. I came across this beauty as this brand is what they use in the pits in NASCAR. I'm thinking of building my tool base around this, a torque wrench and a 1/2" socket set for beginners…

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007LHJI4E...TF8&colid=2UHLUMY1JYIRQ&coliid=I3JH94L365PNN4

Let me know what ya think-

Chris

Wow! You sound like me when I got my first Jeep 10 yrs ago. I was not buying those parts again and bribing my friends to help put those parts on again so I did my research and made sure what I purchased was what I wanted. I had NO tools whatsoever. I had to start buying wrenches and sockets. I purchased an impact wrench and impact sockets to remove the lug nuts on the trail so I didn't spend a lot on my impact wrench I purchased. I am now doing it all again on my second Jeep and still stick to the plan which is to research and buy it right the first time.

thardy

Banned

I've got the M18 1/4" drive impact that I bring with me on the trails, as well as the garage, and I like it a lot. There haven't been too many times it hasn't gotten the job done, but I would imagine the 1/2" would pack a little more punch.

jeeeep

Hooked
I bought a craftsman, it's worthless, battery life is so bad I can't even get 2 wheels off.

The Ingersoll looks good, think I'll buy it and donate the Craftsman to Goodwill

DMF

I bought a craftsman, it's worthless, battery life is so bad I can't even get 2 wheels off.

The Ingersoll looks good, think I'll buy it and donate the Craftsman to Goodwill

Same here, I bought a craftsman 18V impact driver and it couldn't break a lug at all. I returned it and got a DeWalt 20V and was able to take off 4 wheels, 4 wheel adaptors with which had a bunch of red loc-tite on and then tighten everything back up minus the wheel adaptors on a single battery.

WJCO

Meme King
After reading these posts, I may get one of these in the future. I've seen them at the hardware store but had no idea the torque they really had. I figured without air, they'd be no better than a cordless drill. I've never known someone who actually had one. I would love the ability to spin off lugs, pinion nuts, etc without an air hose. Or an emergency on the trail.

After reading these posts, I may get one of these in the future. I've seen them at the hardware store but had no idea the torque they really had. I figured without air, they'd be no better than a cordless drill. I've never known someone who actually had one. I would love the ability to spin off lugs, pinion nuts, etc without an air hose. Or an emergency on the trail.

I have one for on the trail, but nothing beats a good pneumatic impact so this is all I use in the shop. Of you don't have air they are great, but if you do, don't bother with an electric or cordless.

koasta11

I just just added the Milwaukie fuel 1/2" impact gun to my set I love it. The battery last for ever and I believe it torque to like 600 ft lbs plus they have a ton of other tools that you can add in and use the same batteries.

jkodak

i havnt read each message on here, so if this has been covered, sorry for the redundancy.
I chose the milwaukee 18v Fuel. Mainly because i use milwaukee for my other tools and the batteries are interchangeable.
so if your building a tool catalogue around a certain tool, make sure you can get other tools that work hand in hand with that battery.
I have the milwaukee impact driver, hammer drill, and sawzall in my tool bag on the trail and they all use the same battery.
I have not had any issues with milwaukee and i doubt you will have any issues with the brands your considering.
i chose milwaukee ironically because of the radio. lol.... it was a big square box that packed well in my cargo area for work. and i could stack things on top of it. so it was just a natural progression to get the other milwaukee tools as i was building my tool kit.
hope that info helps.

Irish Pirate

I just picked up this Makita. They don't recommend it for lugs but should be good for most everything else. Have some good air tools but don't have a tank right now. This should be good for the basics and when I'm on the trail. Picked up a couple batteries and a 25 minute charger with it

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1451122412.098534.jpg

Havoc40

I'm honestly tempted to trade in my Snap-on 8850 for some other tools. It stays in my Jeep for emergencies only, and is rather expensive for that kind of life. In an emergency I'm fine with a $30 Pittsburg Pro (Harbor Freight) breaker bar. I tried cordless but for 1/2 I'm sticking to air impacts...3/8 or 1/4 cordless for everything else. My new Snap-on CT761 is a little beast!

20151226_105953.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom