Nate Rubicon X Build

Sessoms14X

Had to do a lil maintenance to my tire carrier. The turnbuckle Linkage and bolts were ruined from rust and stripped so I put new ones in. Enjoyed some good beer while fixing it. :beer: 1436568383315.jpg

Sessoms14X

1948 Willys is on deck! :D I am extremely excited to get started on my dream jeep. My father-in-law just got a 48 willys as his next project for us to restore. It will be restored back to the military look as of now. We may change our minds but that's the look we wanna go with. I gotta wait for him to complete a couple other projects before we really get after it but I can't wait!!!
1437185408134.jpg 1437185418725.jpg

Sessoms14X

New lights came in today :D
View attachment 155461
The install was pretty simple. After Eddies write up and watching a couple videos on YouTube I got through it just fine. I used dielectric grease and zip ties on all the connections. I also am running the anti flicker harness.
View attachment 155462
I gotta say I liked the way that the truck-lites looked but now that I've seen em in person and on my jeep I love them!
View attachment 155464 View attachment 155465

Next up will definitely be some new fog lights
View attachment 155466
I can't wait to take a drive tonight and see the difference these make from stock.
These along with fog lights will be next (don't mind Willis on the right lol)
1437695384572.jpg
I want 4 more so I can do a dual set up on the windshield corners and put 2 on top of my AEV tire carrier.

Sessoms14X

I gotta say, Truck-Lite has hands down some of the best customer service I've delt with when ordering stuff for my jeep.
1438828524672.jpg
It's kinda hard to really see in the picture, but the light in my hand has some scratches on the lense. You can kinda see them where my head is in the reflection. I noticed the prongs of the plug were on the same side as the lense was when I opened the box. I contacted truck-lite and they replaced it no questions asked. They respond immediately to my emails and I'm just very happy I went with them :):thumbup:

I also installed the SPIDERWEBSHADE on my jeep today too. I will snap some pics when I take the top and doors off as it was about to rain so I just put the hardtop back on. I'm not sure if I'm going to like it or not. Putting the freedom panels back on makes it a pain and the holes that screw through the speaker bar were a pain to line up. I know ppl say that they aren't needed but I just put em on anyway. Any one with one have any tips I'd love to hear them.

Last edited:

Sessoms14X

Well my struggles continue with my Truck-Lite headlights. The replacement headlight they sent me seems to be a bit weaker than the other headlight. Instead of putting out a bright white, it's putting out a purple glow and isn't shining near as far as the other. Here's a few pics of it. 1439926794542.jpg
From looking at the stinger you can definitely notice the purplish glow compared to the other. 1439926865652.jpg
I've been trying to get in contact with the person I've had my other issue resolved with but so far I've got no response 😕

Here's the weaker light 1439927403024.jpg

And here's the brighter one 1439927455645.jpg

Anyone else had this issue resolved by fixing it or just having the headlight replaced??

scull20

Well my struggles continue with my Truck-Lite headlights. The replacement headlight they sent me seems to be a bit weaker than the other headlight. Instead of putting out a bright white, it's putting out a purple glow and isn't shining near as far as the other. Here's a few pics of it. View attachment 160640
From looking at the stinger you can definitely notice the purplish glow compared to the other. View attachment 160641
I've been trying to get in contact with the person I've had my other issue resolved with but so far I've got no response 😕

Here's the weaker light View attachment 160645

And here's the brighter one View attachment 160647

Anyone else had this issue resolved by fixing it or just having the headlight replaced??

Take a look at this thread, seems like others were having similar purplish/brightness issues.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?28706-Truck-light-headlights-are-yours-bright

Hope it helps.

-Ryan

Sessoms14X

scull20

They replaced mine for a different issue twice in about a month. Never had any problems getting ahold of them. Keep everyone updated on the outcome.

Sessoms14X

They replaced mine for a different issue twice in about a month. Never had any problems getting ahold of them. Keep everyone updated on the outcome.

Just got a response this morning. They are sending me out a new one and it should be here no later than Friday :thumbup::thumbup:

Sessoms14X

Round 3 with my Truck-Lite looks like a success. No scratches on the lense and both look to be making the bright white.:thumbup: 1440810503736.jpg 1440810532046.jpg

Sessoms14X

Received my Maximus 3 brackets today for my JW Speaker fog lights (thanks to a member of the forum). So I went ahead and finally installed them today. The difference from stock is night and day as you can see.
1441058287638.jpg
1441058379775.jpg
Finally have bright white for both my lights now.
1441058398924.jpg
I really like the black look to go along with the bumper. Now just to buy the rest of my Rigid cubes and I'll be done with lights for now.
1441058490760.jpg

Top Bottom