Superchips ProCal issue, or possible user incompetence

Wheelz

Edit: I said ProCal in the title, but meant FlashCal.

Sorry about yet another FlashCal thread. Anyways, I bought a FlashCal after I got new wheels/tires on my 3.8l jk. I measured the new tire size and plugged everything in, got all the flashing lights and dings that are supposed to happen, and figured everything was good to go. However, I've noticed since then that nothing else I've tried to change with the programmer has actually changed. I have tried to change the headlight/fog light settings and the blinker settings, but they never end up working. The only thing I've changed that I have seen work is the idle setting, but that only works with the programmer plugged in. Once it's unplugged, it goes back to stock. I've followed the directions (at least I believe I have), but I can't get anything to change. The settings on the programmer stay changed, but that's it. So I'm not even sure if the tire size has actually changed in the ECU or only on the programmer.

Sorry for the long post. Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited:

thardy

Banned
I have not had this issue with mine, but what I do have a suggestion for you to verify if the tire size actually took. Drive the Jeep maintaining a certain RPM in a particular gear, record the speed. Plug the ProCal in, change the tire size back to what it was stock and re-drive the Jeep at the same RPM and same gear, record the speed. This should tell you if the ECU is getting the setting change.

As far as the other items go, I have not had that experience, so I do not want to make any assumptions. When in doubt, call Superchips. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Edit: I said ProCal in the title, but meant FlashCal.

Sorry about yet another FlashCal thread. Anyways, I bought a FlashCal after I got new wheels/tires on my 3.8l jk. I measured the new tire size and plugged everything in, got all the flashing lights and dings that are supposed to happen, and figured everything was good to go. However, I've noticed since then that nothing else I've tried to change with the programmer has actually changed. I have tried to change the headlight/fog light settings and the blinker settings, but they never end up working. The only thing I've changed that I have seen work is the idle setting, but that only works with the programmer plugged in. Once it's unplugged, it goes back to stock. I've followed the directions (at least I believe I have), but I can't get anything to change. The settings on the programmer stay changed, but that's it. So I'm not even sure if the tire size has actually changed in the ECU or only on the programmer.

Sorry for the long post. Anyone else have this issue?

what year and model is your jeep? i maybe wrong here but i believe some of those features are for some of the newer model years.

edit- nevermind this should be available to you based off of the website.
• Daytime running light options (2007-15 models only)
• One touch lane change
• TPMS Options (Download required)
• Radio delay options (2011-15 models only)
• Headlamp delay options (2011-15 models only)

did you make sure you updated your flashcal and registered it over the internet before you plugged it into your jeep?

Last edited:

07JKSahara

Same issues with the lights. Fogs with highs didn't work, but my speedo recal definitely did. I'm curious to see what you find.

I think the idle is only supposed to work when plugged in, it's for winching, or other temporary draw downs on your system.

I reset my T-Case gear ratio yesterday with mine and noticed the extra options but when I tried to access them it said I couldn't because I'm only running stock tuning. Could this be the case with the OP as well?

Wheelz

Ridg, I didn't get that message. It allows me to change everything, but nothing happens.

Cozdude- I have an '07 X, and yes those are the options I've tried to mess with. I've also updated and registered the programmer prior to using it.

Last edited:
Ridg, I didn't get that message. It allows me to change everything, but nothing happens.

I can tell you that mine is very finicky at times. This was actually the first time I've even seen the extra options or got the msg. Be sure that you have a good solid connection in the data port.

Also, the idle part I did for sure see a msg that said it only works when plugged in. As stated above, it's probably for winching.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Question on the one touch lane change, I am assuming it is where you barely hit the turn signal stalk in either direction and it flashes three times in that direction and then shuts off. Both my 08 and the 14 already do that with no programmer installed. Or am I being a dumbass and Superchips is referring to something else? I have a Flashcal but haven't messed with it yet as I am still on stock tires, just got some 35 inch Trail Grapplers ordered today though so I will hopefully be breaking the programmer out this weekend.

Wizard

The last update I did on my Flashcal seems to have a few issues. I'm hoping Superchips realise this and rectify them.

SWRUBI

Question on the one touch lane change, I am assuming it is where you barely hit the turn signal stalk in either direction and it flashes three times in that direction and then shuts off. Both my 08 and the 14 already do that with no programmer installed. Or am I being a dumbass and Superchips is referring to something else? I have a Flashcal but haven't messed with it yet as I am still on stock tires, just got some 35 inch Trail Grapplers ordered today though so I will hopefully be breaking the programmer out this weekend.

That's exactly what one touch is......I've already have it on the 2010 as well. Perhaps the 07 doesn't and it's just to hype more features on the box??

I just installed 35" Nitto TG's on really liking them. I actually set my wheel dims to 33.75 and got the most accurate reading up against my Garmin GPS which is pretty darn accurate to our other vehicles. Tires actually are 34.86" or so but measured under load around 34" - 34" 1/8-1/4. I stated with setting at 34.25" and the speedo was a little off. Jumped down to 34 and then to 33.75 and it seems pretty accurate. Enjoy your new shoes.....

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Yeah I finally got the tires mounted and got the programmer out. Evidently it is so that the light will only flash once instead of three times. I did not use this feature and left mine at the three flashes selection.

chipper

I am having a problem finding anything on my flashcal about the TPMS. I downloaded the new update, also the TPMS download and upgraded to flashpaq. Can't find it anywhere.
I emailed them and this is what they said.
The Jeep tuners no longer have the ability to adjust the TPMS. We had to remove the option due to an automatic calculation that the newer Jeeps vehicles have that no matter what number you set the pressure to, the vehicle will always tell you to inflate or deflate. However, you do still have the option to download the TPMS off road feature which will allow you to turn off the TPMS feature.
It is a free program, but your vehicle will need to tuned first so that the program is locked to your vin number.

I'm still going to contact them again. Because there isn't anything on mine about TPMS at all. Is anyone else having this problem?

Top Bottom