The slow building of NoRdNdd

WJCO

Meme King
Yeah I'm gonna try to run the soft top year round and see how it goes. I may even sell the hard top after a year or so. We shall see.

Install shouldn't be too bad really. I'll definitely try to post some pics. Bestop has some great videos though showing the install of most of their tops on YouTube. I've been watching them. Lol. I've watched the four door install so many times I feel like I can do it blindfolded now.

Good luck man. Havoc Offroad has a great video too. We bought ours used, so it was mostly assembled. It looked pretty intimidating if we were to do the whole thing. We've had the soft top on since the day we bought it and even in the low 30s, temperature feels fine. The heat is retained in there very well in our opinions.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Good luck man. Havoc Offroad has a great video too. We bought ours used, so it was mostly assembled. It looked pretty intimidating if we were to do the whole thing. We've had the soft top on since the day we bought it and even in the low 30s, temperature feels fine. The heat is retained in there very well in our opinions.

Yeah Havocs video is a good one also.

I'm debating about ditching all of the padding and just run the bare bars. I'd paint them black so they didn't stand out as much. Just don't know yet on that part.

WJCO

Meme King
Yeah Havocs video is a good one also.

I'm debating about ditching all of the padding and just run the bare bars. I'd paint them black so they didn't stand out as much. Just don't know yet on that part.

You mean on the roll bar? Why would you do that? For cosmetic reasons?

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
You mean on the roll bar? Why would you do that? For cosmetic reasons?

Yeah the roll bar padding. Just so I didnt have to cut it for the brackets. Not that its that big of deal, just thinking. Plan is to eventually get a Rock Hard cage also and would have to cut it then too. But I may just leave it, idk yet.

WJCO

Meme King
Yeah the roll bar padding. Just so I didnt have to cut it for the brackets. Not that its that big of deal, just thinking. Plan is to eventually get a Rock Hard cage also and would have to cut it then too. But I may just leave it, idk yet.

We got the Supertop and we didn't have to cut anything. Factory cutouts are all already there on the padding for that one. The Trektop may be different though....like you said, you may have to cut it eventually if you do the cage. I just did a Google image search for jkus with no padding, and it does look really clean painted though.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
We got the Supertop and we didn't have to cut anything. Factory cutouts are all already there on the padding for that one. The Trektop may be different though....like you said, you may have to cut it eventually if you do the cage. I just did a Google image search for jkus with no padding, and it does look really clean painted though.

It isn't too hard. I did it once, following Bestop's video.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug

I agree it does look better with the padding. I may not cut it, I wasn't worried about cutting it just kind of didn't want to. The trek top has a few brackets that you have to cut the covers for them to stick through. I don't believe the Supertop does. I haven't watched many videos on it though. I feel like the factory soft top or the Supertop looks goofy on the four door. I could only run something like the trek top nx on the four door, just like the slant look better. On a two door I would prob do a Supertop but could do a trek top nx also.

WJCO

Meme King
I agree it does look better with the padding. I may not cut it, I wasn't worried about cutting it just kind of didn't want to. The trek top has a few brackets that you have to cut the covers for them to stick through. I don't believe the Supertop does. I haven't watched many videos on it though. I feel like the factory soft top or the Supertop looks goofy on the four door. I could only run something like the trek top nx on the four door, just like the slant look better. On a two door I would prob do a Supertop but could do a trek top nx also.

I like the Trektop better as well, but the wife didn't, her Jeep....lol

Top Bottom