Hydraulic Steering

TheDuff

I'm am in the middle of the install now and the pump and gearbox have no issues. The reservoir has the space problem and most have used the stock reservoir. PSC just updated the kit a few weeks ago to include a new mount bracket for the reservoir and their site shows pictures of a stock air box with some modifications.
I tried a test fit last night with the AIRAID CAI and that won't work w\o major modifications to the box.

Maybe more beneficial to go back to the stock box and sell the cai. I know 3 people who had cai's on the 3.6, all 3 have oil consumption issues now. At least you could fit the new rez and have piece of mind the cai won't contribute to a premature engine failure, which chrysler will void warranty over (even if it was a Mopar intake, installed by the dealership at time of vehicle purchase). Just my 2 cents:)

Last edited:

wetfootnw

Maybe beneficial the go back to the stock box and sell the cai. I know 3 people who had cai's on the 3.6, all 3 have oil consumption issues now.

Yeah, I was already planning to go back and have a stock airbox I plan to install with the PSC reservoir.

jeeeep

Hooked
alternate mounting area is next to the battery/firewall with the mounting bracket on the battery box

20141212_210308-1.jpg

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Gonna give this thread a bump to see if anyone thinks its silly to run the assist with 35s. Planning to go to 37s in 2017 so Im thinking of doing the hyrdo assist sometime in between.

Gonna give this thread a bump to see if anyone thinks its silly to run the assist with 35s. Planning to go to 37s in 2017 so Im thinking of doing the hyrdo assist sometime in between.

Good morning, Mr Ty! When I got Mumbo, he was on 33's and had a weak OEM steering pump. I knew I had 37's in the works and there was no way that weak pump would work with them so I went hydro assist and ran it for a couple weeks with the 33's. Although it seemed to be slightly more responsive than it is today on 40's, it wasn't unbearable.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Good morning, Mr Ty! When I got Mumbo, he was on 33's and had a weak OEM steering pump. I knew I had 37's in the works and there was no way that weak pump would work with them so I went hydro assist and ran it for a couple weeks with the 33's. Although it seemed to be slightly more responsive than it is today on 40's, it wasn't unbearable.

That's what I was looking for. Thank you. :beer:

That's what I was looking for. Thank you. :beer:

Just keep in mind that many people that are new to hydro assist often complain about it being over sensitive or flighty. A lot of that flighty feeling can be taken out of it simply by adjusting your air pressure. Even on 40's, I'm only running 25PSI and haven't seen any signs of uneven wear as of yet.

SFNick

Read a bunch of stuff on the Ram Assist. I'm uncertain on weather I should get the 1.5"X6" or 1.5"x8" or a 1.75" instead of a 1.5"? I've already tapped & capped my stock box & plan on getting the PSC pump kit. I was looking at getting this ram.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421802751.417648.jpg

Top Bottom