JK Or Wait on 2018

rescue7

Hey guys,

Yeah, three years is a long time, but I was just trying to figure out what made sense. The wife has a JKU, so I thought maybe I would just wait on a JL for myself. But, I guess who knows how it will turn out, and also getting a first year version might not be the best idea. I just see the JL being massively improved over current JK. However, I love the JK and it still retains some of those great heritage Jeep qualities.

Thanks for all the input. :thumb:

trailless

Caught the Bug
I wouldn't wait that long for something i want unless i knew exactly what i was getting. i say get the JK now and have fun with it! :rock:

Maybe the DTD setup will go down to the cost of the bolt on CO's! :crazyeyes:

rescue7, I personally wouldn't wait that long. You never know what the new Jeep will have and won't have. With that said I highly doubt that Jeep would take a step backwards from the JK, just look at the progress they've made with each new generation. So it's up to you, do you want to play now? Or will you hold off for the chance of something better later on?

hasten3

Get the 2015 JK, I picked up my 2015 a couple of weeks ago and going Saturday to get the wife a 2015 JK....both Rubicons of course :)
I personally wouldn't buy the first year of anything, been there and done that too many times...but that is just me.

Last edited:

rescue7

Get the 2015 JK, I picked up my 2015 a couple of weeks ago and going Saturday to get the wife a 2015 JK....both Rubicons of course :)
I personally wouldn't buy the first year of anything, been there and done that too many times...but that is just me.

I got the JK when it first came out in 07. I had a lot of problems with it. However, I still loved it. I agree, it's usually best to wait a year. Although, it's sometimes hard to resist the urge of getting something brand new!

Why wait? Who knows what will happen tomorrow? JK's will hold value so buy it and if you really have to have the new JL then sell the JK. Life is too short my friend. Get in the new one now and don't look back.

Yeahright

Get the JK, it's a long wait and remember there is usually teething problems with the newmodels, so that means possibly another year until the teething problems are sorted out, so that's fours away. In that time you could have built an awesome JK, and if the new model has IFS and know body likes it and you do, you can sell your JK for a packet and get the new one any way.

Top Bottom