My word....some serious craftsmanship

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
With pricetags to match.....

If you have the 20 minutes, watch the whole thing. I've been getting into collector firearms lately, and these things are truly amazing (and waaaaay out of my budget.)

JKMag

wow, reminds me of a show i watched on the Japanese art of sword making, amazing stuff.

Paws

That was beautiful. Never heard of them before and never knew that much work could go into a rifle.

Unbelievable, I want one.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Yea, something very soothing about that video. They have some seriously fine craftsmen working there. I couldn't imagine wanting to shoot something that I was terrified to scratch, although they are supposedly some of the most accurate shotguns you can get.

LeighP

Its long been a dream to own a Holland & Holland rifle.....but I just have content myself with looking at them.
Most of the base model bolt action H&H rifles I've seen are $15,000 plus......and thats a rifle with no engraving. A double rifle is far more involved than a single barrel rifle.
Thanks for the video, marvellous to see the level of hand fitting involved.
The hand fitting must be one of the main costs of these firearms......when I was doing my trade, my final practical exam was to hand make a multi piece machine vice. Each part was made to less than .001" tolerance, the assembled vice had to be within a total of .010" of blueprint dimensions at completion, all hand fitted. We were told that if these were made by a commercial engineering shop, they'd have cost thousands of dollars to make.

el_chupo_

For those really looking, or just wanting to handle one of these, check your local Cabelas (if you have one). Their Gun Library in the store will usually have one or two H&H guns per store, I know the one in Ft. Worth, TX has had half a dozen or so in the last year or two. Pricing ranges from the $20-100k range for the ones in store down here.

Also, NYC has a Beretta Gallery, the one here in Dallas has some fantastic shotguns that get up into the 6 figure range, with amazing craftsmanship. Some they even leave the stock as a "blank", and they will custom fit and shape the stock for you upon purchase. Some great gunsmiths work there as well.

Great video by the way, would be fascinating to spend some time there on a tour.

darthmurdoch

Cool stuff, makes me sick when I put a ding in my $2000 Browning, can't imagine walking around with something like an H&H

pastorwug

There are still many very wealthy people that can enjoy such luxuries - more power to them.

My 870 does just fine.

Soonerschooner

I agree! But with PB, Purdy or H & H the rifle or shotgun is good for about 150 yrs. I love my Remington but I doubt my great-great grandchildren (my kids are less than 10) will ever even touch it.

Top Bottom