That's Dumb!

hasten3

I'm really mad that the Jeep engineers didn't ask for my opinion in putting a subwoofer in the only decent storage space on a JK...not sure what I gained here. But I know what I lost :( ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418866499.608148.jpg

rescue7

I'm really mad that the Jeep engineers didn't ask for my opinion in putting a subwoofer in the only decent storage space on a JK...not sure what I gained here. But I know what I lost :( View attachment 115347

I think it's silly they put the sub there. I still think they could have done something different. My question is, what happens when you set heavy stuff in the back? Does that sub get crushed?

hasten3

It does have a pretty stout grill guard and the sub is supposed to be waterproof...so we will see. But I know I am going to miss the storage that was lockable.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
It does have a pretty stout grill guard and the sub is supposed to be waterproof...so we will see. But I know I am going to miss the storage that was lockable.

Just relocate it if you don't like it. Easy enough to put it in a box or go completely aftermarket.

I like this position more than the older models.
Can't think of anything I typically carry around that would damage a sub right there.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
As small as that storage area is, I used the hell out of it in my '08 JK. I just picked up a '15 Rubi 4dr and got the base audio system w/o the sub just so I could keep the storage cubby and build my own sound system. I also hated the location of the sub in my '08 Rubi 4dr, and frequently had it removed. After listening to a few that had the upgraded Alpine system, it sounded good, but not great.

spicoli

To me the new 2015 stereo sounds significantly better than previous years.
I have had some heavy stuff on it, I was even kneeling on it with most of my weight (didn't know I was) and I've had my saturated dogs back there with out a water problem, but no massive amounts of water. I was at first skeptical of it and planned on moving it, but I think it will work well.

dillard09

That's where I keep all recovery stuff too. Don't know where I would put it or where it would end up if I could t put it in that cubby.

Jeep10

Dumb place for Sub-Woofer

I didn't have a sub-woofer with mine. I told the local sound shop where I wanted it and they made a custom box. Works well and is out of the way.

Attachments

• Sub Woofer.jpg
    Sub Woofer.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 189

K.D.C.H

Looks like you gained a 2015!

I don't think all the 2015's have them, I have a 2015 4 door and I still have the storage compartment. They may have come in some of the models with all the goodies but I just got the most basic sport JK

Wardell

I don't think all the 2015's have them, I have a 2015 4 door and I still have the storage compartment. They may have come in some of the models with all the goodies but I just got the most basic sport JK

Yup, it's just the '15 models with the premium sound system.

pastorwug

Take it out and chuck it, I didn't buy my Jeep for the stereo, nor do I expect it to be awesome.
That spot might turn out to be a great cubby to put stuff in after you dump the speaker. :twocents:

MrHooah04

I always throw my jumpers and hitch in the cubby..then again I have an 07 haha. I still think it was fine where it was in the 07-14 models

Top Bottom