Transmission Leak, what could this be?

rdubb1031

So a number of months ago I noticed I had some fluid on the transmission bell housing, just behind my oil pan. I took it in and had the oil pan gasket replaced, which I thought solved my problem. However, it only solved half. I had to leave my jeep parked for a few days and noticed a small spot under this same area. Went back out and noticed a small bit of fluid again on the same housing. It appears to be pinkish in nature, which I'm assuming is transmission fluid.
20140920_161808.jpg

So what I'm trying to determine is what could be causing this leak. The shop had to pull this cover to do the oil repair, did they not replace correctly? Could it be from the transmission? or from the lines? Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks,

rdubb1031

well hell. yeah it's an automatic. is the main seal under the cover then? do they have to drop the entire Trans?

Brankz

well hell. yeah it's an automatic. is the main seal under the cover then? do they have to drop the entire Trans?

They have to take the trans out, and because I was running low fluid my torque converter got stock they replace it to

rdubb1031

any thoughts on the cost without the added replacement of the torque converter? Also, has anyone used these transmission additives that "stop leaks"? would that be worth a try?

Brankz

any thoughts on the cost without the added replacement of the torque converter? Also, has anyone used these transmission additives that "stop leaks"? would that be worth a try?

Do not use that crap of trams additive please don't use it! I say 750 it's a good and fair price to re seal the transmission

jeeeep

Hooked
Yup I pay like 1600 +

lol Brankz, you also took it to another shop where they pulled the transmission then they sent it to the transmission shop so you ended up getting double charged... it's shouldn't have been that expensive.

To the OP, do yourself a favor and take it to a good transmission shop to have them confirm it is a seal leak, most reputable shops will do an inspection quote for free.

Brankz

lol Brankz, you also took it to another shop where they pulled the transmission then they sent it to the transmission shop so you ended up getting double charged... it's shouldn't have been that expensive.

To the OP, do yourself a favor and take it to a good transmission shop to have them confirm it is a seal leak, most reputable shops will do an inspection quote for free.

😫 don't make me go back to does memories please..... Lol

Top Bottom