Jeep jk throttle body spacer.

MadMedic

Hey guys I'm thinking about some performance upgrades after I added a lift and wheels and tires to my jk. One option I am looking at is the throttle body spacer. Wanting to know pros and cons and, what if any results you guys that are running them are getting.

MadMedic

If it's snake oil. Anyone got recommendations on upgrades. Kinda on a budget. But would like to gain a little bit of hp and fuel economy back.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, that's about the only real help you could have done for cheap. If you're sure you did it right, the only other thing you can do is re-gear.

JohnnyX

I bought a Superchips tuner cold air intake n throttle body spacer when I put a lift n bigger tires the extra power was not too noticable. Once I regeared my 3.8 came back to life so that's realy the best thing in my oppinion

J.B.

I have the AFE throttle body spacer and it didn't make to much of a difference. It will help if you put an intake in with it though.

holy_crap

I have the AFE throttle body spacer and it didn't make to much of a difference. It will help if you put an intake in with it though.

Intake alone will not help, TB spacer is as was said snake oil. Only time you will gain any power is if you increase the air input as well as the output. Meaning you will need larger intake, larger TB for the intake, now you need to match it with a high flow exhaust and headers. This might give you marginal increase at best.

Other options are supercharger or turbos and of course full engine swap to a Hemi or LS V8.

J.B.

That's what I meant in my comment. You will see more improvement with both intake and spacer.

Tanner505

I got a free throttle body spacer when I bought my afe cold air intake and I don't know if it was the tune mixed with the cold air and throttle body spacer or what it was but it would cause my jeep to down shift really hard, I pulled the throttle body spacer and the problem went away, plus they don't do anything anyways

jknikos

Α tbs is a waste of money. What eneryone said above will help and i will add sprint booster,too. Will not get horsepower but will give you better throttle response. BTW do you have a 3.8 or 3.6 engine?

Top Bottom