Stay away from ExtremeTerrain.com

Hasicon

ExtremeTerrain.com

the worst customer service!
I bought my 3.5" Rubicon Express basic kit with them and having it on the rack in the shop I open the boxes and to my surprise the wrong or should I say incomplete front Trackbar was sent to me. The trackbar bracket was missing together with all needed bolts to mount the trackbar.
So I contacted them and the not all helpful guy on the phone was incompetent and could not Care less about my problem. I ask to sent back the trackbar so I could purchase the bar that did not need the bracket in order to be mounted.
The guy told me he can't take back the bracket as it is only sold as a Kit so I could sent back the kit ???
I happened to have my shop owner being friends with RE as well as 4wheel parts Reps. and he already contacted them. I know RE is not happy on how Extreme Terrain represents their products.

Last edited:
You mean you didn't inventory all the parts before diving into the install? Even if you had it installed at a shop, they should've had the common sense to verify the parts were all there. BTW, welcome to Wayalife. Nice of you to use your very first post to bash a company that may or may not deserve it.

jman_12

Wow that really sucks to hear. Glad there's reliable online dealers such as 4wheelparts and Northridge. Those are the only 2 I'd trust

Wow that really sucks to hear. Glad there's reliable online dealers such as 4wheelparts and Northridge. Those are the only 2 I'd trust

The point is, the OP is butthurt because the online company he got the kit from can't shit him a new piece instantly that he or the installer overlooked. It doesn't matter if he got it at Northridge or 4WP, it was packaged and marketed AS A KIT by RE and therefore the online company does not have access to the individual parts, especially over the weekend. The OP used his first post to run the online company thru the mud, and may not have posted here otherwise. Why? Because he didn't check the parts before installing. Instead, he'd have you and anyone else who will give him sympathy believe his jeep is hanging in the air in a shop and rendered totally useless.

K.D.C.H

First of all welcome to Wayalife, you may want to head over to the "Give Us A Wave" section and make a post there introducing yourself, you know, first impressions and all :doh:

This may also just be me but anytime I've ordered any parts for my Jeep, the first thing I want to do is open the box up and check it all out. I would suggest next time taking an inventory of your parts to make sure they are all there before hiring a shop to install them that apparently can't take inventory either.

Also understand that anytime someone comes to Wayalife and makes their first post a "company bashing" one it does kinda raise a red flag. Who know's, maybe your just one of those good samaritan types that joins a forum to share your tales of woe in an effort you help the Wayalife community

This is just my :twocents: from one newbie to another.

Oh yea, don't forget to Give Us A Wave :D

Last edited:

Tanner505

Checking any package is a must I've been screwed before and it's hard anyways not checking out the goodies that I just bought, welcome to wayalife as well

Hasicon

The point is, the OP is butthurt because the online company he got the kit from can't shit him a new piece instantly that he or the installer overlooked. It doesn't matter if he got it at Northridge or 4WP, it was packaged and marketed AS A KIT by RE and therefore the online company does not have access to the individual parts, especially over the weekend. The OP used his first post to run the online company thru the mud, and may not have posted here otherwise. Why? Because he didn't check the parts before installing. Instead, he'd have you and anyone else who will give him sympathy believe his jeep is hanging in the air in a shop and rendered totally useless.
Well first of all here is my "wave" I am :)
Sorry about the "bashing "someone post. I agree that I should have opened all boxes before hand and sorted it all out before getting to the install.
Point taken !
I'm not "butt hurt " about the company sending me missing parts,I'm upset if I don't get a sense of urgency to fix what went wrong. Its bad customer service.
Thank you for the warm Welcome from all of you .

cmireles

You mean you didn't inventory all the parts before diving into the install? Even if you had it installed at a shop, they should've had the common sense to verify the parts were all there. BTW, welcome to Wayalife. Nice of you to use your very first post to bash a company that may or may not deserve it.

Agreed, he should've checked out all the parts. BUT, let's not give extreme terrain any credit here. I'm pretty sure we can say they do deserve a few negative comments, especially after the incident with the all-too-familiar JK stickers and such that they were selling.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I have ordered many items from ExtremeTerrain and havent had any problems. Furthermore i think they have great customer service over the phone, as well as an option to talk to a live representative via messenger while shopping on their site.

Top Bottom