The East Coast Happenings thread

Warebear

With some advanced notice, I can put something together along the Ohio River Valley. I know of a couple land owners around Slade KY (Natural Bridge) and a place a little further east from there.

This is Private property and I would need to clear it with the owner(s), although I don't foresee and issue. Both of these places have spots that are NOT stock friendly and some kind of damage is likely. Especially if it has been wet as the rocks and hills get very slick and kissing trees happens regularly.

I would need to limit these runs to 20 max...

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I went to a jeep jamboree in Slade Ky 11 or 12 years ago, a lot of good trails, had a blast. Would be worth a long weekend trip, it's about an 8 hr drive from the Baltimore area.

thardy

Banned
hey guys, for those of you near URE, are you guys familiar with Big Creek? They have an event going that's on Feb 14. Hopefully this link takes you to the info page https://www.facebook.com/events/1519034945018693/ I know there are pictures on that page but here is a video just to give you guys an idea of what it looks like. http://youtu.be/YQPiN_XsFYU

Per the Wayalife rules, please refrain from posting links to other sites. We can definitely look into the park though.

I went to a jeep jamboree in Slade Ky 11 or 12 years ago, a lot of good trails, had a blast. Would be worth a long weekend trip, it's about an 8 hr drive from the Baltimore area.

There are a lot of unmaintained county roads that are legal year round and would not need special permission. But it is easy to accidentally end up on private property. Many of the owners do not like or allow public on their land.

There are a few locals that “guide” trips down there. Essentially, they have deals to let certain people on their land to guide groups and they get a kick-back. The guy I know grew up there and knows just about everyone. He usually asks for $20 a Jeep (most of which he passes to the land owners). The places he leads us to are some of the most extreme stuff I have found in the OH/IN/KY tristate.

AndyWentJKU

Hopping into the thread. As a few of us have discussed, I'm trying to get a day scheduled for Red Cloud. They're pretty packed for Jan. Private park so they schedule runs ahead of time. Look forward to meeting everyone!

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Hopping into the thread. As a few of us have discussed, I'm trying to get a day scheduled for Red Cloud. They're pretty packed for Jan. Private park so they schedule runs ahead of time. Look forward to meeting everyone!

There is a group going to Windrock park Tenn. Jan 24-25th if anyone is interested. They started a thread for it. 🇺🇸🍻

cis911

Per the Wayalife rules, please refrain from posting links to other sites. We can definitely look into the park though.

thanks for the heads up I fixed my comment. But it would be cool to see some wol'ers there I know the majority of us run jks so no weak links ;) totally joking. if anyone is worried about the modifications needed for Big Creek, we had a jku sahara with 33s make it there (lots of rock staking)

Last edited:

thardy

Banned
Bumping this back up to the top for those new guys out there and those that might have missed it. I know I have seen a couple of runs coming up for those that are interested, links below.

Windrock Park in TN on 1/24
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?22916-Windrock-Park-TN-January-24-25

Rausch Creek in PA on 2/7
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?23190-RC-feb-7th

Also, for those that aren't too far from the GA area, I plan on hitting some local North GA trails on 1/31 if anyone is interested.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I'm down for whenever you guys make it to Uwharrie. Just post something up in the Upcoming Destinations forum and I'll sign up.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I'm down for whenever you guys make it to Uwharrie. Just post something up in the Upcoming Destinations forum and I'll sign up.

I should know by the end of February when a good time for me will be. Really want to make it back there and conquer the Daniel trail. Its the only one I haven't done.

thardy

Banned

I should know by the end of February when a good time for me will be. Really want to make it back there and conquer the Daniel trail. Its the only one I haven't done.

I'm definitely wanting to hit Uwharrie up. I wouldn't mind making that a summer trip and trying to get as many folks as we can out there.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Little late on subscribing, but subscribed I'm glad to know that there are some members around my area I live in Kinston, NC. I would love to do a uwharrie trip one day. :thumb:

Gotta get the Jeep first though :naw:
Can't wheel without a Jeep :cheesy:

Top Bottom