The East Coast Happenings thread

thardy

Banned
Cozdude said it best, so I won't try and say it better:

Just to throw this out there but this thread is not just for the east coasters! If ANYONE is on the east coast on vacation your more than welcome to join or if you plan on coming out and want to wheel please post up some info and a trip can be planned around you!

I know that there are quite a few of us on here that reside on the East Coast and the majority of us won't be able to partake in any of the 2015 Wayalife runs. So I thought, what about trying to get a long weekend run together in 2015 for us East Coasters. Posting this in the Pub for now to try and get feedback to see how many folks would be interested.

My thought would be to do it around end of summer 2015 and somewhere towards the middle so that we can get some of the NE folks and us SE folks as well. My first thought was the Hatfield and McCoy Trails. Or depending on who all would be interested, may be Uwharrie. If anyone has any thoughts or ideas feel free to suggest. I think it'd be pretty cool to meet some of the other folks on the East Coast and explore some new trails.

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Im all game for a Uwharrie trip. Just depends on my next kid that is due in Feb.

KingCopperhead

Subscribed. A few of us were already planning a spring kick off weekend at Rausch Creek as well. Uwharrie sounds like fun too.

JKWrang

Subscribed. Im interested to see how much interest there is and what sort of group/runs we can get going

thardy

Banned
Im all game for a Uwharrie trip. Just depends on my next kid that is due in Feb.

Subscribed. A few of us were already planning a spring kick off weekend at Rausch Creek as well. Uwharrie sounds like fun too.

I'm definately down for at least a Uwharrie run. I'm also open to suggestions of other places up that way. Having never been wheeling anywhere outside of GA yet, not too up to par on other options.

Last edited:

MoveRight

East Coast Wayalifers

Excellent idea - it would be great to get some east coast rides organized. There are several forum members here in upstate SC that I know would want to ride. I'd definitely do a Uwharrie run. Why wait till the end of 2015? Let's plan for spring!

Subscribed.

thardy

Banned
Is Uwharrie not closed until April or something like that?

It is closed, but we're talking about something later in 2015. Just trying to get some plans together so that we can start setting aside cash and possible vacation days.

Warebear

It is closed, but we're talking about something later in 2015. Just trying to get some plans together so that we can start setting aside cash and possible vacation days.

Ok, just making sure I read the site right. I'd hate to be thinking it's closed if it really wasn't. Well I'm down for all the trips!

jfallon1

East Coast Wayalifers

I'd be interested, it would be a road trip since I'm from south MS but definitely worth it.

Not sure if central ky counts as east coast, but im definately interested in finding some wayalifers on the eastern end to wheel with.

Subscribed.

trailless

Caught the Bug
Subscribed.

Its been 6 months since the last time I got to go out... way too long.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Warebear

George Washington National Forrest is full of trails and is open year round as far as I know, love camping up there. Just throwing out another suggestion for trips.

I know eastern ky has several. I havent been to them as i havent had my jeep long, but id love to

Last edited:

thardy

Banned
So if we were to try and setup 1 big run, where we tried to get everyone together, what time of year would you all prefer? Personally for me I would prefer end of summer for one big get together.

I'd like to try and have a couple runs at various place but culminating the year with one big run to try and bring as my members as possible together.

So if we were to try and setup 1 big run, where we tried to get everyone together, what time of year would you all prefer? Personally for me I would prefer end of summer for one big get together.

I'd like to try and have a couple runs at various place but culminating the year with one big run to try and bring as my members as possible together.

^^^ x2. i like that plan. I also think H&M trails is probably the most central location, or maybe uwharrie.

Top Bottom