Tire repair kits

CanadianJK

When you need to get off the trail....legal isn't something that crosses your mind when doing a tire repair.

I get that... But it held? Did you put 15 of them in the gash? I'm more looking for the 'how' in case I need to limp off a trail one day.

Edit: I just realized you weren't the guy that has done it, thanks for your input though, I'll wait for another reply

RockyJk

So when I said I didn't think it could be repaired safely I was right?

It would of held but we had to go over some rocks and it made the sidewall flex which took the plugs out of position and it leaked air I believe there was like 5 in there

CanadianJK

It would of held but we had to go over some rocks and it made the sidewall flex which took the plugs out of position and it leaked air I believe there was like 5 in there

Interesting! I had success plugging a tire right at the edge (tread/sidewall) but it was just a pin hole.

Did you make it very far on the patch before it blew?

jeeeep

Hooked
ARB kit is the one I've been looking at. Wonder if there's any difference in the repair cords from brand to brand or if they come in different thickness.

Pretty Fly

I have the Power tank tire repair kit. I haven't haven't had the opportunity to use it yet but it does include a small steel wire and instructions to sew a sidewall tear. A very long time ago, I was able to repair a 1" sidewall tear with plugs. I think it must have taken about 10 of them. It got me off the trail and a slow ride to the tire store.

Top Bottom