What is this in my engine?

LetsGoMuddin

That doesn't look good:what:
x2. doesnt look good at all. sorry i dont know what it could be.
My guess is combo of coolant/gas/oil. I have very similar situation when my head gasket went. That sucks no matter what it is. Sorry to hear.
:doh: That looks like maybe water in the oil. Maybe a head gasket? :thinking:
Yikes
That's what I was thinking.
We were thinking it could be water. I'm going to look into the head gasket... Thanks for all the help everyone! :thumb:
Peanut butter??
You must be hungry, want a sandwich? :D

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Saw this a few times....if you touch it, does it feel sort of like snot and completely disintegrates in your hand? If so, 99% it is factory stopleak. Don't ask me why Chrysler adds stopleak to brand new vehicles, but they do. You can go to the dealer and demand a complete flush, clean, and refill.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
See this all the time on every chrysler that has the "large mouth" oil fills, from 3.7s to 5.7 Hemis. Believe it's a mixture of moisture/condensation and oil. Usually nothing to worry about. I would wipe it out and check it periodically. If your check engine light isn't on, no white smoke from the tailpipe, and it's running ok, head gasket is probably fine.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Actually, my old Bronco looked like that. Mechanic told me I would have had to eventually rebuild the engine. If I remember correctly he said it was "blow by". I remember it looking like that and was adding Bars Leak to my engine. Eventually trading it.

Crosis44

Best case this is moisture build up in the engine caused by repeated short distance drives that don't allow the engine to get to operating temp, very common at low altitude high moisture areas of the country. Worst case bad head gasket. I can tell you it is normal on that oil filler housing to look like that, i see it all the time here at the dealer. I would highly recommend a block test and a cooling system pressure test however. hope this helps.

Jake79

had this on my grand cherokee. Its actually pretty common chrysler has a bullitin and fix. Its just a sort of baffle that goes in the oil fill works pretty well at eliminating it.

Top Bottom