Snow riding in NorCal?

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Looking for some trails to take the Jeep to find some snow to play in somewhere in NorCal. Anyone have any spots within a 2-3hr drive of the Bay area? Looking to do a day trip and would always welcome anyone who would want to join!

Thanks!

spinuck

Im going up to the mountains this weekend if you're interested to play on the rocks/snow. Saturday morning at 1030 at the Cisco Grove Chevron.

07JKSahara

Check out the High Lakes run/thread that Crippledpetey organized. <3 drive for me coming from Benicia. I can't do this Sat, but would like to almost any other time. I'd be willing to go back there again.

Also, look for the Georgetown snow run that TheStick is putting together on the 24th.

TheStick

I have not been there myself, but Mormon Emigrant (aka Forest Route 5) is listed as Closed as of Jan 5 2015: http://tinyurl.com/cb26clm

They close it on the 88 side. From the 50 side you can go up, there is a cross road I cannot remember off hand, but you can't go farther than that. It is also illegal to go off on any of the unpaved side road.

The eyepatch forum has some good info on it (norcal section I believe). I'm not a member but they keep good updates on this that are handy.

spinuck

I'm still heading up to the Fordyce area tomorrow if anyone is interested. Meeting at the Cisco Grove exit Cheveron off I-80 at 10:30.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
I'm still heading up to the Fordyce area tomorrow if anyone is interested. Meeting at the Cisco Grove exit Cheveron off I-80 at 10:30.

I just might join ya! Looks like about a 2:30 drive from my place to Cisco Grove Rd/I80. How long are you planning on being out? Any objections if I bring my boys (3.5 & 2.5yr olds)

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Probably should ask, what kind of difficulty are we talking about? Not familiar with Fordyce and want to make sure I'm not getting in over my head considering I have my boys with me. Should be good in a lifted Rubi with 35 BFG KM2s?

spinuck

the stretch we're running, I've done plenty of times with similar lift and 35s. There is a fair amount of rock crawling. No prob on kids. Unfortunately mine wont be with me this time. Hope to see you there.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Spinuck, I think with the rock crawling and my boys in the Jeep, I'm gonna sit this one out. If you end up doing a more mild snow run, please let me know!

Top Bottom