Waste Of Money Mods Thread

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Factor 55. About the biggest waste of 150 dollars I can think of. It honestly makes winching MORE difficult.

Along those same lines, the Factor 55 winch lock bolt. Good idea in theory, but winches require Grade 8 hardware. Factor 55 is only Grade 5. :doh:

J21009.jpg

These:

10665985_754562187936878_5900682993072122726_n_zps135d2316.jpg

...and these:

SecurityScrewsforJeepHeadlampx_zps9a866d8f.jpg

I didn't actually purchase them, but I saw them on another forum and laughed at the idea(s)....

whats that IJKP thing? i looked at the b&a photo and couldn't see a difference? :what:

They are machined blocks to recline the seat (a bit) on a JKU. They run $60 (When I looked). I did the same thing with $5-$10 in fender washers. :yup:

Last edited:

OscarMike2.0

Why is that? Honest question, I don't have nor have I used one.

Well it just adds alot more not needed steps into the equation when your trying to winch. You have to get a d ring onto it and then around the tow strap and then tighten it all down when you could just simply click your hook to the tow strap and be done with it. The only purpose it actually serves is for looks.

Well it just adds alot more not needed steps into the equation when your trying to winch. You have to get a d ring onto it and then around the tow strap and then tighten it all down when you could just simply click your hook to the tow strap and be done with it. The only purpose it actually serves is for looks.

Some bumpers do not have a good way to secure a hook without blocking the fog lights. (This is my case). The pro/flat link allows for the line to be pulled all the way into the fairlead or hawse.

This said, I do think they are WAY overpriced.

OscarMike2.0

Some bumpers do not have a good way to secure a hook without blocking the fog lights. (This is my case). The pro/flat link allows for the line to be pulled all the way into the fairlead or hawse.

This said, I do think they are WAY overpriced.

What bumper do you have? You could have just let out some slack from your winch and attached it to a D-Ring.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
In addition it costs 25 dollars for a grade 5 bolt...

I'm not into metallurgy or what ever it's called, but there is some debate on this. Warn includes grade 5 bolts on their winches. Without starting a debate, here is a snap shot of their instruction manual. Something about grade 8 being to brittle is the debate. I don't know or care. But apparently grade 5 is the norm.

Attachments

• 1422472827429.jpg
    1422472827429.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

OscarMike2.0

I'm not into metallurgy or what ever it's called, but there is some debate on this. Warn includes grade 5 bolts on their winches. Without starting a debate, here is a snap shot of their instruction manual. Something about grade 8 being to brittle. I don't know or care. But apparently grade 5 is the norm.

Hmm I guess you do learn something new everyday lol

Top Bottom