K.D.C.H Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.D.C.H

So recently I picked up my first Jeep and after learning a bunch from everyone on here and doing a little of my own research, I have finally figured out the direction I'll be moving in.

My Jeep is a white 2015 JK Unlimited Sport non power package, I chose not to spend the additional $5k on upgrades like wheels, stereo, power locks/windows and tinted windows and instead use that money on better things. I knew I'd want tinted windows and power locks but I knew I could do that all later for cheaper and I could honestly care less about the better wheels, stereo and power windows.

I didn't get a picture from the dealership but here is what it looked when I was dropping it off to get the windows tinted

IMG_5109.JPG

And now with the windows tinted

IMG_5396.JPG

I ordered a set of Truck-Lite headlights and installed them and damn are they awesome.

IMG_5400.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

The Jeep hasn't had much more change since then but here is a list of what this build will involve (I will put in BOLD font everything that get's purchased)

Window Tint
Wayalife Windshield Decal
EVO 4” Double D Bolt On Long Arm Life Kit
Bilstein 5100 Shocks
EVO ¼ Pounder Front Bumper
EVO Stinger w/Front D-Ring Mounts
EVO ProTek Automatic Transmission Skid
EVO Pentastar Oil Pan Skid
EVO Rear Bolt On D-Ring Mounts
EVO Rear Corner Rock Skins
EVO Rock Skins Rocker Panel
EVO Rock Sliders
EVO Tire Carrier
EVO C2 Axel Gussets
Truck-Lite Headlights
Dynatrac Pro Rock 60 Front Axel
Dynatrac Pro Rock 80 Rear Axel
Superchips Flashpaq
Factory Power Door Locks
Alarm
Remote Start
ARB Front Air Locker
ARB Rear Air Locker
ATX Slab 17” Wheels 5 Lug
Nitto 35" Trail Grapplers (to use with stock axels)
Nitto 40” Trail Grapplers (once I upgrade to the PR80/60 combo)
JE Reel 1350 Front Drive Shaft
Rear Drive Shaft
Cobra 75
Wilson Trucker 2000 Antenna
ARB Air Compressor Kit
Rock Hard Sport Cage
Warn Powerplant Winch
Spydura 100’ Synthetic Rope

I'm sure as I learn more I'll be adding more to the list

With it being a sport package and having a D30 front and D44 rear, the plan is weld on the EVO C2 gussets and run 35's and the EVO 4" lift until the D30 goes boom. Once that happens I'll be buying the PR60 front with 8 lug pattern, selling the 5 lug slabs, buying 8 lug slabs and upgrading to the 37's. I'll run the 5-8 lug adapter on the rear until that one does boom then I'll upgrade the rear to a matching PR60.

Looking forward to getting this build going.

Last edited:

Panda

I'm excited I get to help with this build, it's gonna be fun building another white beast :thumb:

another soon to be Yeti rolling around.. cant wait to see this thing take shape! maybe ill be around for parts of an install in the Panda garage

K.D.C.H

Just ordered my Wayalife windshield decal and a t-shirt :rock: Looking forward to getting them on and show off my pride

K.D.C.H

Picked up this nice package from USP yesterday

IMG_5449.JPG

All loaded up in the truck

IMG_5450.JPG

Looks a lot better all stacked up in the garage. The boxes on the right are the 17" ATX Slabs and everything else is the EVO 4" Double D Long Arm Lift kit with the Bilstein 5100 shocks

IMG_5459.JPG

And last but not least, I got my Wayalife Windshield decal and T-shirt in :thumb:

IMG_5457.JPG

I'll be ordering the Nitto Trail Grappler tires hopefully in the next few days and then it's wrenching party time :celebrate: :honey:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
When I first started reading your parts list, I thought this was going to be another "when I win the lottery" build threads. But it looks like this could be a good one after all! :whew:

Good luck with the install!

K.D.C.H

When I first started reading your parts list, I thought this was going to be another "when I win the lottery" build threads. But it looks like this could be a good one after all! :whew:

Good luck with the install!

:cheesy: yea I'm sure there are a lot lottery build threads out there so I'm hoping to get this all done in a reasonable time frame. Looking forward to the install and I hope it lives up to it's expectations :thumb:

K.D.C.H

Well here goes, the JK heads into the garage for it's EVO suspension overhaul

IMG_5521.JPG

Tires and wheels are off and ready to be separated

IMG_5523.JPG

K.D.C.H

Having my own tire machine makes breaking the wheels and tires down so much easier

IMG_5524.JPG

All separated and ready to be sold off

IMG_5525.JPG

K.D.C.H

A few days ago I ordered up my Nitto Trail Grapplers and I got the call they came in. Huge thanks to Americas Tires for the best prices period. With garage space being limited while the lift kit goes on I opted to have America's Tire take the OEM 16" tires off my hands in trade for a little lower price on the Nitto's, WINNING

IMG_5528.JPG

New Shoes for the Jeep. The spare should be here in a couple days

IMG_5530.JPG

Last edited:

K.D.C.H

Even though the lift isn't installed yet I just had to check them out on the Jeep

IMG_5537.JPG

I later mounted all 4 and decided to take it around the block. Just a side note to anyone who tries this, be prepared to make a 20 point turn out of your driveway. There is literally about 1" of clearance in the front, now I can't wait to start cutting the fenders.

Tomorrow the wheels will come off, the JK will get put back on the jack stands and the EVO Double D kit will start going in thanks to Panda and his never ending list of Wayalife member projects.

See you tomorrow Panda

big dr

looks like a fun build to watch,,, especially the axles going "BOOM" Then the big jewelry goes in:thumb:,,, Oh ya,, I'm jealous of your tire machine :shock:

K.D.C.H

looks like a fun build to watch,,, especially the axles going "BOOM" Then the big jewelry goes in:thumb:,,, Oh ya,, I'm jealous of your tire machine :shock:

Thanks so much, yea it may sound strange but I'm actually excited for these things to go BOOM, just means I'll have to order the PR60 :D

I've races motorcycles most of my life and tire changes were almost a daily deal, just made sense to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom